[TECH HOUSE] Look on your face (Gmin - 124bpm)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

31 Jan 2020

I've gone back to my roots. Where originality, groove and a laser focus on production quality is the joint No.1 priority.

The drumming is entirely original ... by me..... been learning how to use the sub of the kick to give the underlying TECH HOUSE style groovy bass-line.

With the step-sequenced arpy stuff later in the track.. I wanted to give that old skool feel. So - I haven't done too much FX-ing it... I just mod the gates.. and also make it go out of tune. There are 3 step-sequencers going on at once... each owning their own space in the audio spectrum so they don't clash. All of them are analogue synths in my collection.

All leads and FX in a range of Reason Rack VSTs. Arranged in Studio One.
Right at the beginning you can hear Reason doing its magic with the piano sample stab - running in NN-XT - the cut-off and resonance are modulated to give a ringing sound. Then a bunch of Reason rack delays and reverb subtle in background.
Check my Soundcloud:

Deep Schulzz

01 Feb 2020

Nice & varied & very well done with the vocal stuff.

Bloma

07 Feb 2020

Some cool background sounds in there. I'm hearing some harsh frequencies though: that stabby sound that opens up the track and continues through the first half, I would EQ and/or turn down, and a lot of the vocal samples are way too loud for my taste. I'd even crank up the drums a bit.

danc

07 Feb 2020

Bloma wrote:
07 Feb 2020
Some cool background sounds in there. I'm hearing some harsh frequencies though: that stabby sound that opens up the track and continues through the first half, I would EQ and/or turn down, and a lot of the vocal samples are way too loud for my taste. I'd even crank up the drums a bit.
First of all - thanks for taking a listen. Second - I totally appreciate the input... I was aware (and agree) the vocals was too loud. However... it's an interesting argument - as some people prefer clarity of what is being said... and other people prefer it to be a "texture" in the overall sound and it doesn't matter if you miss a few words here and there.

Plus was aware of the harsh frequencies - will run this through various tools (not just EQ) to tame it down a tad.
Check my Soundcloud:

Saidom

07 Feb 2020

Great track! Vocals and the background seems to be on point. I really like it. Good work!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Feb 2020

Not really my style, but it's got some interesting sounds in there I think. :thumbs_up:

• Information