(Space Music) Waiting for a Lover at the Train Station

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Benedict
Competition Winner

06 Jan 2020

This was probably the hardest video for me to get started on. I was worried that it needed to be more "real" but at the same time needed to match the style of the other album videos. I guess I worked it out and surprisingly simple in the end (after making the train).

The idea of the track is bout that excitement-boredom thing as you wait for someone at a train station.

All done in Reason 11. Europa, Thor, Subtractor etc.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Bloma

06 Jan 2020

Nice, loved that! Reminds me a bit of Twin Peaks. Can also imagine this over images of what's happening here in Australia at the moment.

Benedict
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2020

Thanks Bloma :-)

That would make it more of a "Waiting for a fireman at the side of the road", or "Waiting for a politician so you can kick them in the balls for the fact this is happening regardless of whether politicians (let alone that person) are in any way personally responsible for the fire starting let alone Climate Change (assuming you aren't a CC denyer) so you get Likes on Facebook". :sigh:

I take it you are out of danger?

Benedict Roff-Marsh

raymondh

07 Jan 2020

Benedict wrote:
07 Jan 2020

That would make it more of a "Waiting for a fireman at the side of the road", or "Waiting for a politician so you can kick them in the balls for the fact this is happening regardless of whether politicians (let alone that person) are in any way personally responsible for the fire starting let alone Climate Change (assuming you aren't a CC denyer) so you get Likes on Facebook". :sigh:
Well said Benedict!
I guess for some people, getting angry makes them feel a bit empowered which is a better feeling than helplessness during this tragedy. Maybe?

On this track, very nice. It initially felt a bit melancholic, but then just became nice and relaxing. I'd be super happy if this music was playing while I was waiting for a train!

Benedict
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2020

Thanks Ray

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Bloma

07 Jan 2020

Benedict wrote:
07 Jan 2020

I take it you are out of danger?

Haha, yeah I'm in Melbourne metro, what about you?

Benedict
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2020

Bloma wrote:
07 Jan 2020
Cold Coast. We were safe the fire this way before too.

Did you get that Reason File ready for me?

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Bloma

09 Jan 2020

Benedict wrote:
08 Jan 2020
Bloma wrote:
07 Jan 2020
Cold Coast. We were safe the fire this way before too.

Did you get that Reason File ready for me?

Nah not yet, I'm going to try adding some more guitars to beef it up first... one of the newer tracks I've done has way more guitars and it sounds better. Otherwise you could just have a go at that one, which I'm planning to upload very soon.

Benedict
Competition Winner

09 Jan 2020

I don't much mind, your choice.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Benedict
Competition Winner

09 Jan 2020

As a Reason file you can send it as is. The only things I need printed are Guitars where you want me to use that cab sound. Dry is nice too in case I want to re-Amp but I try to respect your sound. I'll delete any processing or FX I don't want.

Oh and include an mp3 of your mix for the A/B part of the video.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

• Information