(electronic) Sequestrator

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
visheshl

12 Nov 2019

Let's go (outer space)

Sequestrator is now Let's go(outer space)

Previous tracks

DreamTSB

Atlantis

Onset

Please do listen
Last edited by visheshl on 14 Nov 2019, edited 2 times in total.

DrGOA®

12 Nov 2019

Good tracks! 👍

Benedict
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2019

Nice sound and pleasing enough overall to hear.

Reminds me of some of a French House guy from the late-'90s I once had on cassette.

My concerns are that while it is nice, there is never really a melody to lift it from being loops. Nice loops but not more than patterns going around. A little melody will help you "lift-off" more. Atlantis seems to solve that :-)

Also in the first three tracks at least, the Kik is always a bit too loud. I know you want it very dominant but you can pull it back a bit and it will still do that job, whilst also allowing more space for what you can make unique about your pieces which are your melodies & instrumentation.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

visheshl

13 Nov 2019

Thank you Benedict, for actually taking the time to listen to my music and also for giving me constructive feedback.
I will incorporate more melodies in my next tracks and also pull the kick down.
I appreciate your suggestions, unless someone listens to your music and tells you what they feel about it, one can't move forward.
I will definitely keep your feedback in mind for the next tracks and also in case i redo these existing tracks, i will lower the kick and add some melodies.
Thanks and regards
Vishesche

Benedict
Competition Winner

14 Nov 2019

visheshl wrote:
13 Nov 2019
Thank you Benedict, for actually taking the time to listen to my music and also for giving me constructive feedback.
I will incorporate more melodies in my next tracks and also pull the kick down.
I appreciate your suggestions, unless someone listens to your music and tells you what they feel about it, one can't move forward.
I will definitely keep your feedback in mind for the next tracks and also in case i redo these existing tracks, i will lower the kick and add some melodies.
Thanks and regards
Vishesche
No worries. we are supposed to be here to help each other.
Benedict Roff-Marsh

visheshl

14 Nov 2019

Hey i edited my track sequestrator and made Let's go (outer space).
As per your suggestions, i put more Melodies in the track, lowered the drums a Little, and also incorporated some vocals. Do listen to this one again

Benedict
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2019

visheshl wrote:
14 Nov 2019
Hey i edited my track sequestrator and made Let's go (outer space).
As per your suggestions, i put more Melodies in the track, lowered the drums a Little, and also incorporated some vocals. Do listen to this one again
It feels much better balanced now.

Of course, I really love Vocoder but I feel like it isn't really tied to the track. Like it is an afterthought and not the story of the track. Maybe I just hear it and hope for a more Hi-NRG thing...

The Mix feels much more natural now so that is a big win.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

• Information