(Techno using ONLY the Behringer Crave) diminished - crayfish

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
diminished

Post 03 Nov 2019

My Crave finally arrived two days ago and I spent the better part of the weekend hooking it up to Reason and exploring this neat little machine.

I absolutely LOVE the fact that you either hit record, or whatever you stumbled upon while fiddling will be gone a few moments later..
So that's what I did, without much thinking. 15 tracks in total.

Everything you hear comes from the Crave, sequenced from Reason. 100% dry; I just used the SSL's gate, comp and EQ and mixed it.. I hope this gives you a good impression of the synth. I haven't even patched any complex stuff yet :) Any questions? Comments? Enjoy..

:reason: Most recent track: The Test (feat. MrFigg) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg

Post 04 Nov 2019

Love it.

gullum

Post 04 Nov 2019

the sounds make me think of New Order - Blue Monday really cool

MrFigg

Post 04 Nov 2019

gullum wrote:
04 Nov 2019
the sounds make me think of New Order - Blue Monday really cool
Made me think of Yazoo at the start.

Zac

Post 04 Nov 2019

Nice noodling :) liked the 2nd kick a lot. Some lovely saturated sounds in there. Wasn't as interested in the 303 like stuff but still very nice.
Chilled Electronica - Autumn's End : see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7514785

diminished

Post 04 Nov 2019

Thanks so much guys! I enjoyed the name dropping :D Personally, the last piercing square wave synth sound gave me some "Nightcrawlers - Push The Feeling On" lead synth vibes.
It's cool how this little fun box can transition between retro, acid and modern-ish. Gating and highpassing almost everything is crucial though, because I encountered some weird flutter noises and DC.
In the future I'll try to come up with something else than noise-based percussions. Gotta do some reading first.
Zac wrote:
04 Nov 2019
Nice noodling :) liked the 2nd kick a lot. Some lovely saturated sounds in there. Wasn't as interested in the 303 like stuff but still very nice.
Glad you stuck around :) Thanks!
In case you or anybody else wants it, here's the kick sounds layered (and the low end one solo afterwards) free for download:
diminished-crayfish-kicks.zip
Credit goes to the SSL, it did most of the heavy lifting in sculpting the kicks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason: Most recent track: The Test (feat. MrFigg) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Zac

Post 04 Nov 2019

Thanks for the kicks, much appreciated :thumbs_up:
Chilled Electronica - Autumn's End : see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7514785

miyaru

Post 04 Nov 2019

You have done a very good job here with this song, and only one synth!!!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro40, Reason Suite 11, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Korg R3, NI Massive, Rob Papen's Predator 2, Sonarworks Reference 4 and Scaler.

dannyF

Post 07 Nov 2019

once you go analogue you never go back

diminished

Post 08 Nov 2019

miyaru wrote:
04 Nov 2019
You have done a very good job here with this song, and only one synth!!!!!!
Thanks a bunch! :)
dannyF wrote:
07 Nov 2019
once you go analogue you never go back
Hmm, I disagree, I love having EVERYTHING at my fingertips :) but it's great to have real synth with hands-on control right next to my controller keyboard. Let's settle on "never stop exploring" :)

• Information