[TECH HOUSE] STAY FOR FAME (Gmin - 124bpm)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

27 Sep 2019

Stay For Fame - all done in Reason. Enjoy!
Check my Soundcloud:

craste

29 Sep 2019

Good effort - what do you use to glitch all the vocal?

david1806

29 Sep 2019

Hi danc....

Not a type of music that I really listen to, so I won't say too much, but what I will say is I really like what you have done with main vocal (first track), got the timing spot on, really effective and gives it a great groove. Nice one!

danc

29 Sep 2019

craste wrote:
29 Sep 2019
Ta for compliments!

The glitch is a combination of things... mostly it's blood, sweat and tears chopping a vocal up... which is an MC shouting out... with a little help from Blue Cat Audio's Destructor (guitar amp - which slowly morphs from dry to wet in places - at 100% wet it's just total mayhem), Sugar Bytes Looperator (made my own preset from scratch - again ... slowly morphs from dry to wet), Kilohearts Multipass (subtle delay - and yes I mean very subtle - running in mid to upper regions only) and Fabfilter R (reverb - again made my own preset as it's a very subtle reverb - again this slowly morphs from dry to wet over time), Blue Cat Audio Dynamics (compressor - to keep things tight and level), Sonible Smart:Comp (to keep vocals cleanly away from the other musical elements). Ending up in Waves NLS and Brainworx Masterdesk. No doubt there are other things thrown in there - this is off top of my head. Oh... and Cableguys Shaperbox 2 (for one moment partway thru that chops up the vocal even more - just on the cadence).
Check my Soundcloud:

craste

30 Sep 2019

danc wrote:
29 Sep 2019
craste wrote:
29 Sep 2019
Ta for compliments!

The glitch is a combination of things... mostly it's blood, sweat and tears chopping a vocal up... which is an MC shouting out... with a little help from Blue Cat Audio's Destructor (guitar amp - which slowly morphs from dry to wet in places - at 100% wet it's just total mayhem), Sugar Bytes Looperator (made my own preset from scratch - again ... slowly morphs from dry to wet), Kilohearts Multipass (subtle delay - and yes I mean very subtle - running in mid to upper regions only) and Fabfilter R (reverb - again made my own preset as it's a very subtle reverb - again this slowly morphs from dry to wet over time), Blue Cat Audio Dynamics (compressor - to keep things tight and level), Sonible Smart:Comp (to keep vocals cleanly away from the other musical elements). Ending up in Waves NLS and Brainworx Masterdesk. No doubt there are other things thrown in there - this is off top of my head. Oh... and Cableguys Shaperbox 2 (for one moment partway thru that chops up the vocal even more - just on the cadence).
Cheers for the response! Yes those vocals sound wicked, I might need to invest in some glitchy VST business! Have you used Illformed Glitch 2 at all? If so would you reccomend?

danc

30 Sep 2019

craste wrote:
30 Sep 2019
danc wrote:
29 Sep 2019

Ta for compliments!

Cheers for the response! Yes those vocals sound wicked, I might need to invest in some glitchy VST business! Have you used Illformed Glitch 2 at all? If so would you reccomend?
Try out Glitch 1 - as it's free and although the UI isn't as tidy as v2... the audio is pretty much as good as.
I think it's 32bit - so you'll need to jBridge it.

However... I would say this... some of my best glitching actually comes off the built in Echo in Reason. Turn it into ROLL mode... and then automate the slider. Then at points you want to glitch push up the slider. Automate the TIME, FEEDBACK and other knobs and move these over time to get some funky echoey glitchey type things going on. Then... Bounce it down. Then run the bounced sound through ECHO... do more automated stuff and continue. You will get very crazy glitching within moments.

And all for free!
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information