I am not sure about the genre (new age, world music)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Wav-E

24 Sep 2019

Produced in reason 10.4

New Age, East World Music, Chill Out, Experimental?!?!
:) pls, let me know about this genre

BPM : 100 - 76
Instruments : Zsoura Sakus, Koto, Piano, Flute (Passion flute, ney flute), Shakuchachi, Bansuri, Synths (bass,background melody) voice
drums (3 different beats) : kick, snare, hats, percussions, bongos

Instruments used : Reason instruments & Effects + VST : Avenger, Kontakt, Hive 2 and Serum

Skimrok

24 Sep 2019

I like the eastern ethnic sounds and the chillout vibe on this one :thumbs_up: :reason: Also the tempo change made it interesting to the listener , you certainly have a talent in your craft
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Proboscis

24 Sep 2019

That's brilliant. I particularly like the way you used the Ney and the Koto.

Wav-E

25 Sep 2019

Skimrok wrote:
24 Sep 2019
I like the eastern ethnic sounds and the chillout vibe on this one :thumbs_up: :reason: Also the tempo change made it interesting to the listener , you certainly have a talent in your craft
:)
thanks bro
:thumbs_up:

Wav-E

25 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
24 Sep 2019
That's brilliant. I particularly like the way you used the Ney and the Koto.
thanks you :thumbs_up:
yeah i was focused on the "real" instruments in this one.
I used koto and the flute instrument from Kontakt VST (library ethno world 6 instruments)
great library, there are also other instruments from this labrery they sounds great.
With the midi keyboard its such a fun to play diffrent instruments, especially when they sound more real ;)

Proboscis

25 Sep 2019

Sounds like a great sample set that I would have some fun with.. but damn, $449 puts it out of my reach !

And as an aside, check out YouTube for "Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle (Traditional Japanese Cover)" . All done with koto's & flutes !

Keep up the awesome work, I hope you share some more world-inspired music in the future.

Wav-E

28 Sep 2019

Proboscis wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Sounds like a great sample set that I would have some fun with.. but damn, $449 puts it out of my reach !

And as an aside, check out YouTube for "Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle (Traditional Japanese Cover)" . All done with koto's & flutes !

Keep up the awesome work, I hope you share some more world-inspired music in the future.
hmmm I didn´t check the price, I thought ca. 100-200€ (ok, maybe there is sale 2-3times in the year 50-70%)
I get some libraries/VSTs from the music/art university where I work.
Sometimes I produce there too, but at home is relaxed.
;)

MannequinRaces

28 Sep 2019

Super chill track with a nice vibe. Nice work!

Wav-E

29 Sep 2019

rare_shadow wrote:
28 Sep 2019
Very good!
MannequinRaces wrote:
28 Sep 2019
Super chill track with a nice vibe. Nice work!
Thank you ;) :thumbs_up:

david1806

29 Sep 2019

Hi Wav-E

Agreed with the other posts - sounding really good, excellent use of the new-world instruments, and good tight rhythm going on there. It's a genre that you clearly have a talent for - keep it up fella!!

bossa
Competition Winner

30 Sep 2019

I like it! I think Genre is edm ethno. Can You tell me the name of the solo flute?

jappe

30 Sep 2019

Awesome work, good in every way! Good progression/variation, keeps me interested from start until end. And really good sounds and mix.

I'd label this Folktronica. Funny that I plan to share a folk tune with electronica parts today and stumbled into this one (much better than my attempt in the genre)

Wav-E

02 Oct 2019

jappe wrote:
30 Sep 2019
Awesome work, good in every way! Good progression/variation, keeps me interested from start until end. And really good sounds and mix.

I'd label this Folktronica. Funny that I plan to share a folk tune with electronica parts today and stumbled into this one (much better than my attempt in the genre)
Thank you
I like to produce sometimes music with ethnic elements
;)

here is one more if you like to listen :

• Information