Deleted

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Skimrok

14 Sep 2019

Deleted
Last edited by Skimrok on 20 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2019

I like parts of this. I think the beat sounds good and the synths are pretty nice too. Nice production and mix.
But the vocal doesn't work for me. It's neither in time nor in the same key as the rest of the music.

DrGOA®

14 Sep 2019

Hopefully some will like
I like it! 🙌 But I agree - vocal is not in time.

Skimrok

14 Sep 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
14 Sep 2019
I like parts of this. I think the beat sounds good and the synths are pretty nice too. Nice production and mix.
But the vocal doesn't work for me. It's neither in time nor in the same key as the rest of the music.
thanks for the feedback I can only learn moving forward so im very greatful because I never even twigged it , my whole approach to cutting up samples are clearly wrong and I need to learn this quickly , you know what I don't even know about the vocal keys so I think you may have hit the nail on the head
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Sep 2019

Skimrok wrote:
14 Sep 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
14 Sep 2019
thanks for the feedback I can only learn moving forward so im very greatful because I never even twigged it , my whole approach to cutting up samples are clearly wrong and I need to learn this quickly , you know what I don't even know about the vocal keys so I think you may have hit the nail on the head
I think it's great you're willing to learn from feedback. It's not always easy to take criticism.
Here are my thoughts/advice.
I wouldn't say it's a necessity to learn about music theory, but it sure can help a lot to learn some basics. I think you'll progress a lot faster if you do some quick research on minor and major scales, how to build minor and major chords, how to know what key you're in.
I'm sure there are vidoes on youtube covering these topics.
If you're willing to spend just a little time on these things now , you'll benefit from it for the rest of your music making life.

About the timing with samples. I would start by checking what tempo (bpm) the song was in that you took the sample from. If the tempo is different from you're track it might be hard to fit it into your music. You might have to stretch or shrink it in order to fit with your music.
And make sure to check what notes are being sung. You can play the notes yourself and see if they fit with the notes of your music. This will be easier once you read up on the music theory parts I told you about.
Sometimes you might have to change the pitch (transpose the vocal to another key ). Sometimes it might not fit at all and you have to scrap the sample all together and try something else.

Hope that helps.

Skimrok

14 Sep 2019

Thank you , I’m starting to watch videos the first lesson is actually knowing the keys on the keyboard are, Ive now got in my head where c and f is, so I’m starting right at the basics, I’m going to take my time with this and build up the knowledge and crack this over time,I totally agree it’s pointless me doing new tunes without knowing the basics and rework on all these I’ve done in due course as and when I got all the basics covered

Once again thank you

MannequinRaces

14 Sep 2019

Just wanted to chime in that this might be a helpful site for you: https://learningmusic.ableton.com check out the chapters on topics you're interested in. TritoneAddiction gave great advice as well. Keep learning, I know I still am!

Skimrok

15 Sep 2019

MannequinRaces wrote:
14 Sep 2019
Just wanted to chime in that this might be a helpful site for you: https://learningmusic.ableton.com check out the chapters on topics you're interested in. TritoneAddiction gave great advice as well. Keep learning, I know I still am!
thank you also :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Wav-E

15 Sep 2019

send me the reason file if you want i will fix the melody/vocal and i wll send you again to you

Skimrok

15 Sep 2019

Skimrok wrote:
15 Sep 2019
MannequinRaces wrote:
14 Sep 2019
thank you also :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Thank You :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• Information