(Electro DreamRock) MrFigg & diminished - Sleep Deprivation

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2019

This song is the result of a collaboration between myself and diminished who you also know from the RT forum.
Writing, recording and editing the song took up the best part of a week and involved a lot of late night Google Drive to-ing and fro-ing over the information superhighways in order to get it to the state in which you're hearing it today.

After a bit of deliberation we arrived together at the genre: Electro DreamRock - which seemed somehow appropriate and fitting. There were, of course, a number of much funnier suggestions but I'll leave that to your imaginations (sordid or otherwise).

It's interesting the unexpected places one can end up at when more than one brain is involved in the journey. It's safe to say though that we've both enjoyed the process as much as we like the product.

In any case, here are the links to the song on both our Soudcloud and YouTube channel. Listen to it on whichever suits you best.

100% Reason 10: mostly stock devices with a couple of extra REs including Antidote, Predator, Kuassa Amps and two additional free VSTs from airwindows. Ozone slapped on top.

Please let us know if you have any questions, comments or anything else for that matter. Thanks for reading...and listening :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

30 Aug 2019

Bra jobb!

Good to see you've started hitting the save button again! :)

diminished
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Bra jobb!

There was at least one incident where I rescued something from deletion :D :D
Thanks, Phillip!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
30 Aug 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Bra jobb!

There was at least one incident where I rescued something from deletion :D :D
Thanks, Phillip!
I should maybe make my delete button “remote access” only. :) Thanks for the save D. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

30 Aug 2019

Nice piece of work.
Digging the mix and guitar tones. :thumbs_up:
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

retreed
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2019

I had a good listen! :)
Nice to hear a cooperation of you guys.

diminished
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2019

motuscott wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Nice piece of work.
retreed wrote:
30 Aug 2019
I had a good listen! :)
Nice to hear a cooperation of you guys.
Thanks to both of you!
Probably not the last one you heard. I felt really inspired and that man knows how to guitar!
I can only encourage people to try out working on a song like that, even if it's just for fun.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2019

motuscott wrote:
30 Aug 2019
Nice piece of work.
Thanks :). Great to hear. Guitar was mostly Kuassa (of course). The bass at the end, strangely enough, was the Softube amp. First time I’ve ever used it. Pleasantly surprised.

The mixing was all diminished. I was just so impressed with his playing and arranging and well everything really.

Without this turning into a mutual backslapping thread I’d just like to say once that diminished is amazing at putting together melodies and harmonies and rhythms which go together perfectly. Thanks D. :) (My guitar bits were also awesome of course hahahaha).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

WongoTheSane

31 Aug 2019

Superb mixing, great writing and great playing. Lots of feeling too. If you ever do a second one (or an album), it would be nice if you could try your collective hands at adding some structure, verse/chorus or AABA or whatever, with a nice hook. Then you could make a band and call it Figg Ployd, because you're that close!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
31 Aug 2019
Superb mixing, great writing and great playing. Lots of feeling too. If you ever do a second one (or an album), it would be nice if you could try your collective hands at adding some structure, verse/chorus or AABA or whatever, with a nice hook. Then you could make a band and call it Figg Ployd, because you're that close!
Thanks Wongo. That means a lot, especially because you are apparently officially sane :).
As regards Figg Ployd. Do you mean we’re that close to their sound and feel or that we’re that close to being sued for ripping off their melodies?Any off-ripping was totally unintentional but I guess I’ll have to tell that to the judge :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

eusti

31 Aug 2019

Cool! Thanks for sharing! :)

D.

diminished
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2019

eusti wrote:
31 Aug 2019
Cool! Thanks for sharing! :)

D.
Thanks eusti, it's a real Reasontalk lovechild :)

I'm a bit bummed by the two dislikes, not by the fact but I would like to know why. So if you read this, please shoot me or MrFigg a message or post your criticism, that would really help us improving. Thank you!

eusti

31 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
31 Aug 2019

I'm a bit bummed by the two dislikes, not by the fact but I would like to know why. So if you read this, please shoot me or MrFigg a message or post your criticism, that would really help us improving. Thank you!
Totally strange that there are dislikes... I mean, yes, it potentially could not be "one's cup of tea", but it obviously is very well done...
I hope you guys keep going! And whoever has criticism speaks up...

D.

WongoTheSane

31 Aug 2019

MrFigg wrote:
31 Aug 2019
WongoTheSane wrote:
31 Aug 2019
Thanks Wongo. That means a lot, especially because you are apparently officially sane :).
As regards Figg Ployd. Do you mean we’re that close to their sound and feel or that we’re that close to being sued for ripping off their melodies?Any off-ripping was totally unintentional but I guess I’ll have to tell that to the judge :).
I just meant it's in a similar mood somehow, no worries about copyright infrigement, everyone can create cool jazzy-rock songs! And yes, close to their sound in the Dark Side of the Moon/Wish You Were Here period. I hope you take it as a compliment, that's how I wrote it anyway.

Never mind about the downvotes, probably someone who recently disagreed with something you said in one of the R11 threads is punishing you for it. Completely unrelated to the actual song, or both of your talents!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Aug 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
31 Aug 2019

I hope you take it as a compliment, that's how I wrote it anyway.
One of the best compliments ever man. Many thanks :).
Was actually listening to Dark Side of the Moon and Meddle today...and also, for some reason, Steve Hillage’s “Rainbow Dome Musick”. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

raveled
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2019

Nice production and a great song! What a soothing combination of guitars and synths/fx. Well done!

eusti

01 Sep 2019

One of the dislikes has disappeared now... :)

D.

moofi

27 Nov 2021

Dislikes could potentially aswell be given to avoid similar recommendations from youtube if someone´s not into that stuff, not meaning someone´s necessarily disliking it.
eusti wrote:
31 Aug 2019
diminished wrote:
31 Aug 2019

Totally strange that there are dislikes... I mean, yes, it potentially could not be "one's cup of tea", but it obviously is very well done...
I hope you guys keep going! And whoever has criticism speaks up...

D.

guitfnky

27 Aug 2023

damn, fellas, this is excellent. reminds me a lot of some of John Frusciante's solo work. he's one of my favorite guitarists of all time, which is to say this is really, really good stuff!
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2023

guitfnky wrote:
27 Aug 2023
damn, fellas, this is excellent. reminds me a lot of some of John Frusciante's solo work. he's one of my favorite guitarists of all time, which is to say this is really, really good stuff!
Hej thanks Guit!!! :). Glad you liked it. don’t know if Dim is active here any more. Was ages ago I heard from him but I know he’d appreciate you saying so too.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

27 Aug 2023

Guit went deep digging in the trenches and unearthed this wonderful piece. Thanks for the reminder!

• Information