Trickle Theory (electronic)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
LordLarsa

22 Aug 2019

Hello everyone,

I would like if possible to get some feedbacks regarding my new track, Trickle Theory. I'm a hobbist on Reason (although I use it since ten years) and compose sometimes for fun.

Thank you!

O1B

22 Aug 2019

Respectable intro. Nice stereo!
Ambience ... killer... moving Kick in there.

the melody could have used some changin! - it holds my attention long enough to handle three transpositions - at least.
nice bridge at 2:18

Do you Sing, LordLars? Chant? Hummm? it would work.

turn the volume down on the video and it's ... very...

nice one. i listened twice - full.
LordLarsa wrote:
22 Aug 2019
Hello everyone,

I would like if possible to get some feedbacks regarding my new track, Trickle Theory. I'm a hobbist on Reason (although I use it since ten years) and compose sometimes for fun.

Thank you!

MarkTarlton

22 Aug 2019

I like the idea and what you have so far, one small critique....the kick drum seems a little out of time with the main melodic arpeggio. did you play this in live? or maybe use some plug ins that might be causing a little latency? you could try to quantize it a little bit, or go 100%, depending on your taste/aesthetics. It might just be that I am hyper sensitive to this kind of stuff, so depending on what others think, it could just be me.

LordLarsa

22 Aug 2019

Thank you for your feedbacks! I'm glad you like it overall :D I don't sing a lot. Mainly composing.
About the latency, I see what you mean, I didn't use any plugin and I didn't compose it live. I will give a try for the EQ thing!

bitley

24 Aug 2019

That sample & hold synth takes over the mix so it has to be lowered :-)

LordLarsa

28 Aug 2019

Thank you Bitley, I will try to see that.

• Information