(lofi/ambient)Daek Berk

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Bloma

21 Aug 2019

Me and the missus have been working on a video game together, and this is a track that might go in it. That main synthy sound is from an nn-xt patch I made with samples of my voice, other than that there's heaps of effects everywhere, and a few synth patches I made on my Minilogue.

reasonsuser88

21 Aug 2019

Nice vibe.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

Micha1973

21 Aug 2019

very nice and deep! i like it - this track must remixed in electro and synthpop style!
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

jappe

21 Aug 2019

Very intriguing sound!
And your wife's beautiful art cover fits perfectly. To me the visual & sound art radiates sadness, loneliness, mystery and looking for purpose...maybe that's reflected in the game?
One thing I noticed: Is the distortion like brief sound heard at for example 0.21-0.23 intended? I don't have a problem with it, and it matches the Geiger counter like sound in the intro, but just in case it's unintended distortion?

diminished
Competition Winner

21 Aug 2019

Very suitable for a game! I encourage you to modulate the distortion. And the timings. It's both a bit too much (dist amount and "lead sound" onset) and repetitive in my opinion. If this will be heard over and over again in a game, it could have a severe impact on the listener. Modulate as much as you can, repeat as little as possible!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Bloma

21 Aug 2019

Thanks very much for the kind words reasonsuser88 and Micha1973.

Jappe: that description is really really helpful, as we are basically going through those emotions while making the game, because we don't quite know exactly what it's about yet. Also, when I made that track she was in Germany, and I was all alone, so I think you really nailed it there. And thanks for pointing out the distortion: it is more or less intentional, however it's good to hear if something is standing out, because we don't want to break the illusion.

diminished: Thanks so much for the feedback... it's insanely helpful right now. Making music that varies in that way is something I've failed to understand in the past, and listening to other amazing game soundtracks like Diablo II, or Mick Gordon's Prey and Doom OSTs, made me realise how different elements weave in and out, and keep a non linear feeling that makes it sound much more interesting and non-loopy.

macn

22 Aug 2019

nice! I was kinda hoping that it had rhythm coming. However, sounds good !

• Information