(electronic/chillwave-ish) Stay With Me

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
adfielding

07 Aug 2019

Hi all! I've been working on a whole bunch of production tunes lately, and today I just finished the last track of the bunch called "Stay With Me". It's a sort of chillwave-y/EDM-y thing, though I think it leans more into my own personal tastes than a lot of the other tracks I wrote for this particular project.

Fun fact: the rapid arp that comes in at around 1:37 is none other than the good ol' Subtractor. I thought it was nice to be able to fit that into the project, and in the final track no less :)

I'd love to know what you make of it!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

08 Aug 2019

i KNOW IT IS EASY TO GET "EAR BLIND" WHEN WORKING ON A TRACK. (oops caps on...) You could try to filter the kick and drop the volume a few dB of it in the intro so it doesn't hit so hard until the track is going at full. Just a thought.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

aeox
Competition Winner

08 Aug 2019

Really cool :thumbs_up:

adfielding

08 Aug 2019

Boombastix wrote:
08 Aug 2019
i KNOW IT IS EASY TO GET "EAR BLIND" WHEN WORKING ON A TRACK. (oops caps on...) You could try to filter the kick and drop the volume a few dB of it in the intro so it doesn't hit so hard until the track is going at full. Just a thought.
Ooh, that's a really good idea - I'm mostly going to be working on edits today, so that's super useful. Thanks!
aeox wrote:
08 Aug 2019
Really cool :thumbs_up:
Thanks, glad you liked it!

• Information