[TECH HOUSE] LONG SONG (Gmin - 124bpm)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

14 Jun 2019

KICK: Sonic Academy Kick 2

PERC: Tons and tons of single hit samples - carefully stitched together by me. Tuned using Waves Torque. Judicious panning for a bit of fun.

BASS: Various bass synths and layered with loads of industrial warehouse type sounds and just general noise to give the bass a kind of ugly dark edge ... and run through loads of darkening and uuumphing up VST effects.

FX: Whatever I could get my hands on - all looped and effected by moi.

VOICE: Taken from a BBC 4 documentary about dance music.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

15 Jun 2019

I've now spent a few hours re-jigging the arrangement - now version 2 - so that it brings the "signature" elements in a lot earlier - plus it's simpler/cleaner/easier to listen to.
Check my Soundcloud:

nooomy

15 Jun 2019

You got something going But it is not a tech house feel. Liste to some beatport tech house 100 to get some inspiration

https://www.beatport.com/genre/tech-house/11/top-100

reasonsuser88

16 Jun 2019

nooomy wrote:
15 Jun 2019
You got something going But it is not a tech house feel. Liste to some beatport tech house 100 to get some inspiration

Well to be fair a lot of Beatport is garbage. I lean towards techno and I personally don't like the commercial feel of mainstream techno. I'll still go to a Drumcode event just to get outside but not for personal taste!

That said, the track here in question does seem pretty scattered with an experimental vibe and I feel it doesn't hook me like a tech house track.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

danc

16 Jun 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
16 Jun 2019
nooomy wrote:
15 Jun 2019

Well to be fair a lot of Beatport is garbage. I lean towards techno and I personally don't like the commercial feel of mainstream techno. I'll still go to a Drumcode event just to get outside but not for personal taste!

That said, the track here in question does seem pretty scattered with an experimental vibe and I feel it doesn't hook me like a tech house track.
Thanks for thoughts - and agree with you... it's leaning too much in the experimental vibe and definitely not the 'hook' type sound as the commercial (garbage/or-not-garbage) found on Beatport. My other tracks are more immediate in terms of 'hook'. Anyway.. having fun and enjoying making sounds.
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information