(RnB) Mel - Something Crazy

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental

reasonsuser88

15 Jun 2019

nooomy wrote:
14 Jun 2019
I made a RnB song with a really good singer! 100% reason
If the singer is good then why was the singing screwed up with processing? The vocal processing makes this an unpleasant experience. Is the singer really you in disguise?
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

nooomy

16 Jun 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
15 Jun 2019
nooomy wrote:
14 Jun 2019
I made a RnB song with a really good singer! 100% reason
If the singer is good then why was the singing screwed up with processing? The vocal processing makes this an unpleasant experience. Is the singer really you in disguise?
I dont agree with you, i have recently been listening to alot of music with heavy vocal processing and i think it adds a certain feel to the song. I dont see using Neptune as screwing up the vocal more than using distortion. Neptune Its just a different creative tool

one of the biggest trap hits last summer in sweden used heavy autotune

The progressive jamaican producers are also using alot of autotune

The use of auto tune as a creative effect

reasonsuser88

16 Jun 2019

In support of your autotune preference, I feel it was done sloppily, and there are certainly better options than using Neptune in Reason. Since you brought up distortion, it would be like comparing Scream 4 to Soundtoys Decapitator. In addition, I felt the production wasn't hyped enough to warrant the use of autotune which makes it sound cheesy. Maybe I would try autotune on the chorus with more intimate processing in the verses. Anyways, I just felt we're experienced enough for some honesty here, and I know this isn't your forte anyways. Hopefully you can find more value in my feedback than somebody saying "nice" or something like that.

nooomy

16 Jun 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
16 Jun 2019
In support of your autotune preference, I feel it was done sloppily, and there are certainly better options than using Neptune in Reason. Since you brought up distortion, it would be like comparing Scream 4 to Soundtoys Decapitator. In addition, I felt the production wasn't hyped enough to warrant the use of autotune which makes it sound cheesy. Maybe I would try autotune on the chorus with more intimate processing in the verses. Anyways, I just felt we're experienced enough for some honesty here, and I know this isn't your forte anyways. Hopefully you can find more value in my feedback than somebody saying "nice" or something like that.
Absolutely! It has a minimal beat with all the focus on the synthetic voice. The song was written and produced in 3 h so of course it was sloppy and cheesy, but that's the style we were going for! :P

I still don't agree with you about the autotune, the extreme use of autotune give the song its character and makes it different and that's whats warrants it. Without the autotune it would just be a average cheesy song. With the autotune the cheesyness is taken to the next level and makes it a interesting song (for me)

Here is his voice without the autotune ;)

reasonsuser88

16 Jun 2019

Fair enough man. It seems you acknowledge my points and I hope somebody is getting laid because of this song. Anyway, the singing sounds like it could be you after a stimulant or two. I've heard your voice in quite a few tutorials and you have a similiar tonality. Have a good one!

nooomy

20 Jun 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
16 Jun 2019
Fair enough man. It seems you acknowledge my points and I hope somebody is getting laid because of this song. Anyway, the singing sounds like it could be you after a stimulant or two. I've heard your voice in quite a few tutorials and you have a similiar tonality. Have a good one!
Thank you for you feedback it made me think about the song and what feelings it generates! ;)

hehe ;) I promise you its not me! Mel is Filipino :D

motuscott

20 Jun 2019

Really like the sparse arrangement. But that’s just how I likes to roll.
No opinion on the autotune though, that’s just not how I roll.
Is this about me yet?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

nooomy

20 Jun 2019

motuscott wrote:
20 Jun 2019
Really like the sparse arrangement. But that’s just how I likes to roll.
No opinion on the autotune though, that’s just not how I roll.
Is this about me yet?
Everyone has a opinion about autotune :P
You are not a real producer otherwise. :twisted:

The spare arrangement was inspired by this kind of music:

it seams like its becoming more trendy with a more minimal beat... its pretty cool!

• Information