[ALL] The 8bar loop sharing place!

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
diminished
Competition Winner

30 May 2019

We all know it. We all fear it.
The 8 bar loop hell.
Ideas trapped in a place so cruel and lonely may want to find their way out - and eventually all they need is a little encouragement. A helping hand. The ear of others.

I'd like this place to be a safe place for your ideas, where you can discuss, consult, build upon, discard and learn. Everyone's welcome.

So please be free to share the hidden gems sleeping on your hard drives or the ones you just came up with and ask for direction, or don't if you just want to share.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

boingy

30 May 2019

I'm very experienced so I have progressed to the 16 bar loop hell. That's where I find one more element that fits into the 8 bar thing so I can manage another two sets of four bars with variants of the 8 bar thing.

I actually finished a song this week - a very rare event in my world. I was aiming for an ambient atmospheric thing with two themes that morphed and grew together. But about three minutes in it turned into a Faithless song. Boom, boom boom, boom. Sometimes I just can't resist that banging kick drum. And I can't get no sleep. :|

diminished
Competition Winner

30 May 2019

8, 16, 32.. just for clarification, I, for one, welcome all types of loop hells. And to be honest, just doubling what you did and removing a part is just one step closer to a finished track. It's actually all I do, because I pack everything into a small loop, paste it all over the place and remove parts to finally arrive at my initial loop. Guess what my biggest problem is? Right. B sections.

Congrats on the finished track! Have you published it anywhere? It's a great feeling, isn't it. :) Had it this year for the first time in 15 years. And Faithless is cool and it works, so I don't see any problem there. :thumbs_up:
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

PhillipOrdonez

30 May 2019

B sections are for the weak! 😂

diminished
Competition Winner

30 May 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
30 May 2019
Listen everyone, words of encouragement! 😂

Joking aside, I'm sure there are strategies for composing like that. Like easy tricks for some variation that might count as a B section.

PhillipOrdonez

30 May 2019

diminished wrote:
30 May 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
30 May 2019
Listen everyone, words of encouragement! 😂

Joking aside, I'm sure there are strategies for composing like that. Like easy tricks for some variation that might count as a B section.
Don't ask me. I don't even like music that uses the old A-B-A or whatever form 😂

diminished
Competition Winner

27 Jun 2019

Relevant and hopefully helpful to some:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2019

Yep it's so easy to start a tune. Coming up with one or two parts comes pretty natural to me. But the next step is a lot harder and takes some real effort.

I guess I'll go first. Here's a bunch of random test songs. Some are more developed than others. Styles are all over the place.
Feel free to comment, both on what test songs you think would be worth pursuing and where to go next with some of these tracks.

• Information