[Geek Pop/Rock] Quantum Entanglement

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Fotu

30 May 2019

I've primarily used Reason to produce backing tracks for my live cover band, but here's my first use of 100% Reason for an original.

Live guitar (into Caliburn) and vocals; the rest are REs (no VSTs). Mostly retro 80s keybd patches using PX7, Europa, kHs ONE, Revival, SubTractor, Radical Piano, etc. Drums courtesy of A-List Drummer. Live guitar supplemented by A-List Acoustic Guitarist. Processing by Softtube FET compressor RV7000, and Selig.. Leveler, DeEssor, ColoringEQ.

Perhaps most thrilling to me is it was all done on my very old Windows 10 PC with Intel i7-860 @ 2.8 GHz (who's success I largely attribute to the excellent RME Fireface UFX II & its drivers).

The song is a bit of a confection, but I had a lot of fun making it. :geek:

jappe

26 Jul 2019

Hello Fotu,

I'm listening on DT 990 pro headphones, and to me it sounds rich and well balanced; great sound!

I like your nice clear vocals, occasionally it makes me think of a pitched down Jon Anderson, for example around 2:19.

There is something with this song that takes me to the stuff our forum friend Pete B does, if you´ve heard his songs: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7507981&p=405187#p405187

Great work!

Fotu

28 Jul 2019

Thanks Jappe! Being a big fan of Jon Anderson / Yes, that's a well-received comparison, though I can assure you any of my vocals are indeed 'pitched down' relative to his range :)
And I'm sure the bridge harmonies are channeling my Yes influence. Thanks for the pointer to Pete's work!

• Information