(CRAPRE Project) - Wild Och Crazy

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

30 May 2019

So I'm working on an EP right now, connected to this EP Challenge thread right here: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=7511821
Feel free to join btw :)
The rules I've set for myself are:

1. Every sound has to be processed in some way with the beautiful rack extension CRAPRE - Number Two.
2. The process of making the EP needs to be fun. That's way more important than the actual end result.

This track is pretty much done, but I'll most likely tweak/fine tune a couple of things here and there after I've written the other tracks for the EP.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 08 Jun 2019, edited 2 times in total.

DrGOA®

30 May 2019

Good track! Hope, you finish it soon!👌

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

31 May 2019

DrGOA® wrote:
30 May 2019
Good track! Hope, you finish it soon!👌
Thanks.

I'm probably gonna finish the EP soon. It's 4 short tracks and they are all over the place in terms of style.

reasonsuser88

01 Jun 2019

As I mentioned previously, I like the aggressive vibe, and your Crapre usage comes through nicely. How would you describe the process behind what Crapre actually does to a signal?

I think you would like Trash 2.
The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
01 Jun 2019
As I mentioned previously, I like the aggressive vibe, and your Crapre usage comes through nicely. How would you describe the process behind what Crapre actually does to a signal?

I think you would like Trash 2.
Thanks again.

Crapre does several things. Some you can control, some you can't.

No matter what setting you choose there will be a tonal change to the sound, I'd say a more midrangy tone. Depending on what Crap setting you choose, the worse quality you choose the less high end and clarity you get.
Distortion will be added. You can control how much depending on the input level and Crap setting. I must say I absolutely love the distortion in Crapre. Probably my favorite distortion unit if I'm completely honest.
Another thing i absolutely love about Crapre is the Wobble knob, which will randomly throw some pitchy curveballs on the sound. You can choose from 0-100% of the effect. Just makes everything sound more alive. A perfect randomizer to any sound.
You can choose between a little hiss or a lot of hiss. I usually go for a little, since the hissyness tend to build up when Crapre is used on several sounds in the track.
You can also adjust feedback. I usually turn it off, but not always. You can get some really cool and useful effects in the right context.
It also has a crappy spring reverb in case you want that. Again not something I use regularly, but there are certain occasions where it actually fits when you really want to dirty things up.

So even though it's a really simple plugin to use, it actually does quite a few things. But for me it's the distortion, tonal change and the pitch wobbles that really sells this thing.
I know it seems weird saying it but if I'm honest I'd easily pay 150 bucks for it. Same with Disperser and FRG Compressor. They are all such integral part of my production/mixing tools.

Haven't tried Trash 2. Maybe I will, but I try to stay away from VSTs. I have a few but I never seem to use them. Just prefer to work with REs I guess.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 02 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

mjxl

02 Jun 2019

Wow this sounds nasty, love it !

motuscott

02 Jun 2019

Man that sounds like absolute crap(re).

Congrats
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2019

mjxl wrote:
02 Jun 2019
Wow this sounds nasty, love it !

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2019

motuscott wrote:
02 Jun 2019
Man that sounds like absolute crap(re).

Congrats
Yep I made sure to smear every single sound with crap(re).

• Information