Spiritual Violence In The Age Of Ignorance (Live Techno Video)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
reasonsuser88

27 May 2019

Something I did today.

The time has come for you to take care and comb your hair. :wave:

teddymcw

28 May 2019

Feeling this progression and production in many ways, then listening to it through the paradigm of the title is powerful. Reason nerd in me loved the graphic of scanning through the rack in a previous video of yours iirc, also helps to see the ingredients cooked from scratch just personal preference. Great stuff!

Bloma

28 May 2019

Sounds cool as. I see you using a Minilogue as a controller - how do you keep track of what you've mapped to which knob?

reasonsuser88

28 May 2019

teddymcw wrote:
28 May 2019
Feeling this progression and production in many ways, then listening to it through the paradigm of the title is powerful. Reason nerd in me loved the graphic of scanning through the rack in a previous video of yours iirc, also helps to see the ingredients cooked from scratch just personal preference. Great stuff!
Thanks I appreciate that. I came up with the idea during the previous late night at work, and had some tension to release, so it came together quickly. By the time I get to arrangement, I'm a few files into a project, and working with bounced tracks pending minor mix tweaks.
Bloma wrote:
28 May 2019
Sounds cool as. I see you using a Minilogue as a controller - how do you keep track of what you've mapped to which knob?
I have a pretty rough idea of how to arrange the track beforehand. I put drums on the left, synths on the right and then arrange them in some kind of order that makes sense like reading a book. For example, a ride cymbal in the drum section would come in later as that is usually a climactic element, so I would have that in one of the lower knobs. I have the mix channels in corresponding order displayed in the rack just in case I get lost. This project utilized 19 knobs. I'm getting a Roland TR-8 this week (late I know) so that should make things more interesting.

Bloma

28 May 2019

That's a really cool approach. And I also have a TR-8, it's fantastic, you can get some incredibly varied sounds out of it.

aeox
Competition Winner

30 May 2019

:thumbs_up: from me.

Your stuff keeps getting better each time I listen!

Also, the parameter tweaking makes me want to plug in my midi controller with 16 knobs :D

reasonsuser88

30 May 2019

aeox wrote:
30 May 2019

Also, the parameter tweaking makes me want to plug in my midi controller with 16 knobs :D
Thanks man! The parameter tweaking is fun! Kinda bummed the TR-8 won't arrive until Monday but time flies.
Did it occur to you that I'm a very selective person or do you feel like you accomplished something? Don't be shy.
Last edited by reasonsuser88 on 02 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Lokey

01 Jun 2019

Both
fl mobile

Lokey

01 Jun 2019

reasonsuser88 wrote:
30 May 2019
aeox wrote:
30 May 2019

Thanks man! The parameter tweaking is fun! Kinda bummed the TR-8 won't arrive until Monday but time flies.
Lokey wrote:
30 May 2019
Did it occur to you that I'm a very selective person or do you feel like you accomplished something? Don't be shy.

https://www.facebook.com/plansfordgarrett
Wont Ask if that was What you talked bout a rabbit hole
fl mobile

• Information