(Downtempo) Neffle - In Waves by Adam Fielding & Tom Pritchard

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
adfielding

17 May 2019

Hello!

About a month-and-a-half ago, me and my good buddy Tom Pritchard recorded an album's worth of material using a variety of hardware gear as part of an on-going series of collaborations released under the guise of "Neffle". I ended up mixing and mastering the album after this recording session, and today sees us properly releasing it into the wild.

It's probably not going to be for everyone (but then again, what is?), but we decided to try and get a bit away from our usual gloomy output and put out something with a lighter feel, albeit with our signature moody twist - something summery, but not in the typical sense of the word... something contemplative and hypnotic to listen to and wrap around you after a sunny day, not during.

So, here it is! You can stream and download it for free here, or via Spotify/Amazon/Apple Music/whatever the cool kids are using these days. We're both super happy with how it turned out, and I hope it clicks with some of you. I'd love to know what you think! I'd be more than happy to go a bit more in-depth as to how it was written/recorded/mixed/whatever if anyone's curious about any of that.

Cheers :)

(also - although Reason was used exclusively during the mixing stage of the album, I realise this isn't 100% Reason-related... I posted a message about the release of the album over in the hardware & other software forum including some details about how it was put together, so I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by posting about it in here as well)

raymondh

17 May 2019

It sounds really nice Adam. Really chilled. I like the arrangements, the sounds and the mixing/mastering is superb.
Super atmospheric, especially with the kinda monk-like growl.

adfielding

18 May 2019

raymondh wrote:
17 May 2019
It sounds really nice Adam. Really chilled. I like the arrangements, the sounds and the mixing/mastering is superb.
Super atmospheric, especially with the kinda monk-like growl.
Thanks for checking it out! Really glad you like it :)

MindTheft

26 May 2019

Really nice, I ‘journeyed’ a little bit.

adfielding

27 May 2019

MindTheft wrote:
26 May 2019
Really nice, I ‘journeyed’ a little bit.
Thanks for checking it out, glad you liked it!

Hydrad

30 May 2019

Is this made with Reason? Am liking it a lot!

DrGOA®

31 May 2019

Good track!👏

adfielding

01 Jun 2019

Hydrad wrote:
30 May 2019
Is this made with Reason? Am liking it a lot!
Cheers! Although the album itself was written & recored entirely using a small selection of hardware, the album being mixed entirely within Reason. I wrote a blog piece about how it was all recorded, mixed, and generally put together here:
http://www.adamfielding.com/wordpress/?p=1821
DrGOA® wrote:
31 May 2019
Good track!👏
Thanks!

• Information