[Electro, darkwave, song] Distractor

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
mashers

Post 14 May 2019

Hi all

This is Distractor. I'm working on a video for it, but needed to get the track out there so I could let go of it a bit.

:reason: Singer/songwriter exclusively using Reason 10 to write darkwave electro songs
:lightbulb: Latest songs: Space Invaders | Inklings | Hungry Animals | Terrorbytes
:post: More songs on my YouTube channel

mashers

Post 14 May 2019

The vocal in this is deliberately obfuscated, so here are lyrics if anyone wants to know what is being said.

Because of you my fruit is rotting
Forgotten and uneaten in the bowl
Its swollen flesh a bitter memory of
A taste so sweet I'll never know

Nothing else really matters
All I need is you
Fallen by the wayside
Anything but you

Empty bed and locked front door
Dusty footprints on the floor
How could something full of love
Become so lonely?

Lacking a custodian
Plants and flowers overrun
A garden once enchanting
Goes to rack and ruin

Nothing else really matters
All I need is you
Fallen by the wayside
Anything but you
:reason: Singer/songwriter exclusively using Reason 10 to write darkwave electro songs
:lightbulb: Latest songs: Space Invaders | Inklings | Hungry Animals | Terrorbytes

Soft Enerji

Post 15 May 2019

I like the dark distressful vibe and the tension you've created and like I said on SC the best love songs are the dark ones.

Maybe the only thing I'd change is to put some kinda backing vox in there. I kept hearing (in my head obviously :-)) a lower harmony...possibly just spoken or even growled....

mashers

Post 15 May 2019

Soft Enerji wrote:
15 May 2019
I like the dark distressful vibe and the tension you've created and like I said on SC the best love songs are the dark ones.

Maybe the only thing I'd change is to put some kinda backing vox in there. I kept hearing (in my head obviously :-)) a lower harmony...possibly just spoken or even growled....
Thanks man. I really appreciate the feedback. Tension was exactly the feeling I wanted to create. I was trying to evoke panic, oppression and the sense of isolation within an inescapable situation.

There is a whispered vocal in the background at the beginning, and a high harmony in the last chorus. I did try with a lower vocal but it didn’t really work sonically. It sounded a bit too sweet, and took the edge off the quite brash vocal. It’s a stylistic choice for sure, and it definitely worked sonically. But it just didn’t quite fit with the concept.

Micha1973

Post 15 May 2019

Good job*
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 10 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

mashers

Post 15 May 2019

Thanks Micha :)

• Information