(Goa/Progressive trance/Experimental trance) Parameters

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
siriussounds

06 May 2019

Hi,

This is really a big step for me, posting this. It it pretty much my first serious attempt at creating goa trance and I would be happy for any feedback.

Also, I open to suggestions on how to improve on my production skills. I have been making music (all kinds of genres) for a very long time, but producing trance, well that is new.

Lastly, if anyone would be interested in creative collaborations, e.g. someone who is really good at the 'engineering part' of making music and who likes my musical ideas, please send me a message.

Thanks!

DrGOA®

07 May 2019

My style! I like it!👍

Wav-E

07 May 2019

Nice one, i think the melodies synths and the guitar synth are too loud, louder than the beat/bass. Also the crush is sometimes too loud
Intresting melody
not bad for the first trance track :thumbs_up: :)

siriussounds

07 May 2019

DrGOA® wrote:
07 May 2019
My style! I like it!👍
Thanks! Glad to hear it! :-)

siriussounds

07 May 2019

Wav-E wrote:
07 May 2019
Nice one, i think the melodies synths and the guitar synth are too loud, louder than the beat/bass. Also the crush is sometimes too loud
Intresting melody
not bad for the first trance track :thumbs_up: :)
Thanks a lot Wav-E!

I appreciate the positive feedback and the constructive comments. I listened to the track on a big sound system today, and found that the beat/bass was indeed a bit low. I turned it up on the mixerboard but that made it undefined. I think what I am looking for is how to make the beat/bass loud and clearly defined at the same time. Any suggestions are welcome. :-)

Reminiscence

07 May 2019

Collaborating sounds like a plan. I'm sure we can feed off some ideas. This song though has a lot more to offer though. Some more refining to be done on your end.

Ideas: Swoosh on buildups and comedowns. Less monotony in kick and bass will help. Layer more effects and synths on top of each other for more character and keeps the song interesting.

Other than that good to see the trance music producing scene still existing.

siriussounds

09 May 2019

Reminiscence wrote:
07 May 2019
Collaborating sounds like a plan. I'm sure we can feed off some ideas. This song though has a lot more to offer though. Some more refining to be done on your end.

Ideas: Swoosh on buildups and comedowns. Less monotony in kick and bass will help. Layer more effects and synths on top of each other for more character and keeps the song interesting.

Other than that good to see the trance music producing scene still existing.
Thanks a lot for the input! :-)

It is exactly the refining where I feel that I come up short, hence the request for collaborating. ;)

• Information