(techno) DZM - 23!!!

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Desmondblack
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2019

Ok I am always a bit too moody with my music, so this one is a bit more lighthearted. Let me know if it makes you jump!

Last edited by Desmondblack on 23 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Can't produce in the bedroom - people are sleeping there!

MindTheft

22 Apr 2019

Hi Desmond!

I think the fundamentals are all there, the track has decent progression, the choice of samples is good, but I think there needs to be some focus on the mix, the kick is really quiet, which is the backbone of techno, so definitely needs to be something loud enough for the listener to anchor on to. After that, some separation of your other samples would be good, so they aren’t fighting for space in the mix.

Use your faders to place the more prominent elements if your mix where they should be, Kick and bass usually need to be forefront in techno, followed by the others as you see fit, then sculpt the frequencies with EQ and High Pass/Low Pass filters to get rid of frequencies you don’t want. That should help with separating each sound you have, and give it its own space in the mix.

Once it’s all playing nicely, it usually sounds louder too, which is nice!

Cheers.

Desmondblack
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2019

MindTheft wrote:
22 Apr 2019
Hi Desmond!

I think the fundamentals are all there, the track has decent progression, the choice of samples is good, but I think there needs to be some focus on the mix, the kick is really quiet, which is the backbone of techno, so definitely needs to be something loud enough for the listener to anchor on to. After that, some separation of your other samples would be good, so they aren’t fighting for space in the mix.

Use your faders to place the more prominent elements if your mix where they should be, Kick and bass usually need to be forefront in techno, followed by the others as you see fit, then sculpt the frequencies with EQ and High Pass/Low Pass filters to get rid of frequencies you don’t want. That should help with separating each sound you have, and give it its own space in the mix.

Once it’s all playing nicely, it usually sounds louder too, which is nice!

Cheers.
thanks man, agree! :-) I actually messed up and uploaded the wrong file which was a WiP and indeed, the mix is quite messy! Many thanks for listening, will give your tracks a go as well!
Can't produce in the bedroom - people are sleeping there!

O1B

23 Apr 2019

That was eye-popping. I'm up!

Thank you!
I dig this. Nice Breakdowns, Stereo, Buildup. You ain't playin'! That air sound - or drum echo... hmmmm....
This song brings out my wildest dance moves.

a la (kill the volume on the video, but play your track)

DrGOA®

23 Apr 2019

Good track!

• Information