(drum&bass / dnb) leakage

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
retreed
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2019

Hello,
I finished another drum and bass track.

Enjoy it if you can! :)

O1B

20 Apr 2019

More 2:36-2:47 please! The Ending was nice, too.
A little long and the two notes were a little too obvious, but there's something there, imo.

DrGOA®

21 Apr 2019

Nice track!

MindTheft

21 Apr 2019

I agree with 01B, but my ears definitely prick up at 2:20 when the vocal comes in.

Nice track overall, I've used the two note melody before, and think it works well if it's backed up with enough other interesting elements, which I would say you're close to here, the chewy bass is really nice, and good use of percussion.

I like the glittery end too!

One thing I try to do nowadays is keep under 5 minutes, just to keep the listeners attention. I know it's shit, but I can't say I don't look at how long a track is before I listen to it, to decide whether I hit play or not... sign of the times I guess :roll:

Good work though!

retreed
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2019

O1B wrote:
20 Apr 2019
More 2:36-2:47 please! The Ending was nice, too.
A little long and the two notes were a little too obvious, but there's something there, imo.
DrGOA® wrote:
21 Apr 2019
Nice track!
Thank you very much for listening!
(There will be a time for more raw bass :twisted:)
MindTheft wrote:
21 Apr 2019
I agree with 01B, but my ears definitely prick up at 2:20 when the vocal comes in.

Nice track overall, I've used the two note melody before, and think it works well if it's backed up with enough other interesting elements, which I would say you're close to here, the chewy bass is really nice, and good use of percussion.

I like the glittery end too!

One thing I try to do nowadays is keep under 5 minutes, just to keep the listeners attention. I know it's shit, but I can't say I don't look at how long a track is before I listen to it, to decide whether I hit play or not... sign of the times I guess :roll:

Good work though!
I think there is the same amount of good long songs as shorter ones. But it is definitly harder to keep the interest of a listener for the longer ones, which has something challenging in itself. Personally as a listener I would not like to miss a potential good song just because it has a too high number on the duration counter.

Thank you for staying till the outro and sharing your opinion. :thumbs_up:

• Information