[Indie?] - Flourescent Skies

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Philup

27 Mar 2019

My friends and I playing & singing.
Always trying to improve my mixing skills so feedback, what you like and what you don't like, is always appreciated.

strangers
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2019

Great job on the song. The whole thing flows nicely. A few suggestions I'd make:

1. Vocals are a little pitchy in areas. Neptune and/or the pitch editor can work wonders to correct those spots.
2. Drums are a little too dry while the rest of the instruments have hints of reverb and delay.
3. Vocals sit well but wouldn't mind a little more high end to brighten them up.
4. The bridge near the ending is a little too bare once the synth cuts out. Maybe add something in the background to keep the buildup going?

HoboSage

30 Mar 2019

Me Like! Kudos. Good song.

I dig the change in vibe in the bridge. But, I agree with strangers that a little pitch correction on the vocal would be appropriate. FWIW, I also think vocal harmonies would make the chorus pop even more.

Good Stuff!

David
My Music: https://www.hobosage.com

My Gear: Surface Pro 6; Reason 10+; Scarlett 2i2 interface; KRK Rockit 5 monitors; Samson SR850 cans; Shure Beta 87A mic; M-Audio 49-key controller; Rainsong DR-1000 acoustic; Fender Modern Player Telecaster

TheGodOfRainbows

06 Apr 2019

Great stuff. Maybe the vocals are somewhat pitchy, but it doesn't detract from my enjoyment. I kinda like imperfections like that. I agree with Strangers that the drums might be too dry. But overall, great track!!

Nerveclinic

07 Apr 2019

Well I don't think the vocals are "pitchy" lol. I like a bit of roughness to a vocal. Sounds good well done.

MannequinRaces

09 Apr 2019

This sounds really really good. As others have mentioned the drums sound a little dry and like they don't occur in the same sonic space as the other instruments / vocals. The drumming is good but gets somewhat repetitive during the verses. Consider harmony vocals for the chorus and the chorus section seems almost the same volume as the verses. I would think about maybe making those the loudest of the track and having the verses be a tad lower in volume for more dynamic range. I like the rawness of the vocals and honestly wouldn't mess around with them a whole heck of a lot. All in all even without any changes this is something to be immensely proud of.

Philup

10 Apr 2019

Thanks to all of you for the great feedback. I'll lift the hood and tweak the drums and vocal tracks to get them to settle in.
I'll provide feedback to the drummer to see what she comes up with regarding a bit more variation on the verse.

If anything else stands out or seems to be missing please feel free to comment.

• Information