(Psy, Electro, Stuff) Daftrum

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Loque

24 Feb 2019

Still dunno what kind of music i make...I like the weird stuff and special fx things that jumps around my head. This track has a quite long evolution behind it and was made over the last months and i tried integrate new learned things.

Enjoy this track and feedback is welcome!

Reason12, Win10

diminished
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2019

This belongs in a Doom game, for when you finally have the rocket launcher. Awesome.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MarkTarlton

24 Feb 2019

sounds great andre! I hear a little bit of giorgio moroder in the foundation with a bunch of cool sounds added on top. Probably because of the 4 on the floor kick pattern, and the repetitive bass arpeggio... it's ingrained in all of us who grew up listening to music in the 70's :)

diminished
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2019

How do you manage / keep track / keep control of all the sound effects going on?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Loque

24 Feb 2019

Thanks guys :-D
diminished wrote:
24 Feb 2019
How do you manage / keep track / keep control of all the sound effects going on?
I guess this is one of the things i realized in the last months...A song has 3 dimensions: Stereo, Frequency and Depth(Room) and you can place your sounds everywhere in it. Dont make them to wide, because it eats up all space in stereo, dont let one sound eat up all frequency space and too much reverb/delay washes out the song. As long as they do not get in the way of each other, you can distiguish them. The other thing is, if you have somethng that should belong together, a compressor is a good thing to "glue" (make the level closer) together.

And yea...this song has a lot of stuff going on and i needed to scroll alot around...There were a few things i whish i had: Search function, track folding, rack folding, several lanes on one audio track...
Reason12, Win10

Melody303

24 Feb 2019

Love the bassline, great synth lines too, and the drums are very well done as well.
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

Loque

25 Feb 2019

Melody303 wrote:
24 Feb 2019
Love the bassline, great synth lines too, and the drums are very well done as well.
Thanks. So many things you like :o
Reason12, Win10

FLVZ

25 Feb 2019

Hell yeah, theres not enough psychedelic electronica getting made in this world. I'm just loving all the timbres flying all around the stereo field. This track is so alive to me! :mrgreen:

ksniod

27 Feb 2019

That's a very likeable track :thumbs_up:

danc

27 Feb 2019

Like Like Like!
Interesting sounds, structure and FX. Mixing needs a little work, as sounds just a tad muddy - like a towel over the speakers - not trying to be mean, nasty, moaning etc. here, just constructive chat. Fellow Reasoner to fellow Reasoner.
Check my Soundcloud:

Loque

27 Feb 2019

Thankas guys :thumbs_up:
danc wrote:
27 Feb 2019
Mixing needs a little work, as sounds just a tad muddy - like a towel over the speakers - not trying to be mean, nasty, moaning etc. here, just constructive chat.
Gotta look into this. I noticed in the end, that all the high frequencies were a bit low and i made a wrong mastering step too....gonna check that. Thanks for your feedback.
Reason12, Win10

Jagwah

02 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
24 Feb 2019
Still dunno what kind of music i make...I like the weird stuff and special fx things that jumps around my head. This track has a quite long evolution behind it and was made over the last months and i tried integrate new learned things.

Dude this is excellent! All the stutter fx work so well with the track, seems seamless imo. You make me jealous I've had a long break from Reason, I love doing stuttery stuff and you're obviously very fluent with it. I also like how different your work is, I would dig an album from you. Keep knocking them out! :mrgreen:

Loque

03 Mar 2019

Jagwah wrote:
02 Mar 2019
Loque wrote:
24 Feb 2019

Dude this is excellent! All the stutter fx work so well with the track, seems seamless imo. You make me jealous I've had a long break from Reason, I love doing stuttery stuff and you're obviously very fluent with it. I also like how different your work is, I would dig an album from you. Keep knocking them out! :mrgreen:
Thanks man! Yes, I had a lot of fun doing it!
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
27 Feb 2019
Thankas guys :thumbs_up:
danc wrote:
27 Feb 2019
Mixing needs a little work, as sounds just a tad muddy - like a towel over the speakers - not trying to be mean, nasty, moaning etc. here, just constructive chat.
Gotta look into this. I noticed in the end, that all the high frequencies were a bit low and i made a wrong mastering step too....gonna check that. Thanks for your feedback.
I guess this is subjective. I like it the way it is. But some people have accused me of having too midrangy mixes and too little highs, so who knows. I guess I just don't like having too much of the super bright frequencies in a mix.
In the end it's up to you to decide what you like the best.

Sweet track btw.

• Information