Electronica/Techno Album

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
minilog

26 Jan 2019

How's it going?

Micha1973

26 Jan 2019

i like this style! lush pads and clear sounds
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

Auryn

29 Jan 2019

So I listened through this a couple of times yesterday while cleaning house and stuff, and found this a great listen. Some tracks were a bit monotonous but there's a lot of variety between them while still staying in the same general style, which is a great accomplishment. Classic Peter Lansford tough kickdrums and a slight industrial bent here and there. Reminds me a bit of The Black Dog and general Sheffield techno/electronica. Deserves to be signed/released I reckon.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

minilog

31 Jan 2019

Micha1973 wrote:
26 Jan 2019
i like this style! lush pads and clear sounds
Thanks!
Auryn wrote:
29 Jan 2019
So I listened through this a couple of times yesterday while cleaning house and stuff, and found this a great listen. Some tracks were a bit monotonous but there's a lot of variety between them while still staying in the same general style, which is a great accomplishment. Classic Peter Lansford tough kickdrums and a slight industrial bent here and there. Reminds me a bit of The Black Dog and general Sheffield techno/electronica. Deserves to be signed/released I reckon.
I appreciate the feedback. Tracks 3-10 were actually live arrangement projects on a controller that were later refined. The concept of the project was to capture the essence of jamming while making my way through some personal despair. I came very close to sending to a mastering engineer but I'm not where I want to be yet especially with this project that was jammed out for the most part. I think I did okay for finishing touches but I'll kick myself now for future reference. I will probably lean towards a more industrial sound in the near future as I do more thought out arrangements and then I'll see about some signing. Thanks again!

DrGOA®

31 Jan 2019

Although it's not my style - I like the album!

Auryn

31 Jan 2019

minilog wrote:
31 Jan 2019
I appreciate the feedback. Tracks 3-10 were actually live arrangement projects on a controller that were later refined. The concept of the project was to capture the essence of jamming while making my way through some personal despair. I came very close to sending to a mastering engineer but I'm not where I want to be yet especially with this project that was jammed out for the most part. I think I did okay for finishing touches but I'll kick myself now for future reference. I will probably lean towards a more industrial sound in the near future as I do more thought out arrangements and then I'll see about some signing. Thanks again!
You're welcome. It's impressive to hear you actually arranged these tracks on the fly. You've definitely managed to build your live arranging skill up to an advanced level. If I were you I'd definitely keep that way of working as a starting point, and then maybe shelve your jammed-out tracks for a couple of weeks and come back to them with fresh ears. Then see if you can edit it down slightly and/or add some musical nuances that might reward repeated listening. But of course that is highly personal/subjective. Anyway, I look forward to hearing your next project and I hope you managed to take the edge off the dark feelings.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

4filegate

06 Feb 2019

the whole album is well engineered, congrats!

aeox
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2019

minilog wrote:
26 Jan 2019
How's it going?

Interesting choice to keep the whole album at -6 db. At first I was listening at my normal listening volume but once I turned it up quite a bit, everything started making sense to my ears. Fletcher-Munson I guess? Anyway, I thought the album was mixed pretty well.

Sounds like you've been working on your melody/progression writing since your last album. Lots of interesting melodic elements throughout the album. And the usual muffled, techno-y kick drum sound that I now expect to hear from you, works well in your tracks.

Angels Without Purpose - Loved the percussive and melodic elements in this track.

Flawed Logic - 2:20 distorted synth sound is great!

Disparity - Beautiful dissonance in this one.

Pray For Us - Awesome bass sounds. Like at 3:58. And dark melody, which I'm always a fan of.

Good stuff Peter. Did you use the minilogue in all these tracks?

Emian

13 Feb 2019

quality stuff, as usual P, i'm jealous to hear how you grow, but you have my upmost respect !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

minilog

13 Feb 2019

4filegate wrote:
06 Feb 2019
Thank you!
aeox wrote:
13 Feb 2019
Good stuff Peter. Did you use the minilogue in all these tracks?
Thanks for the feedback. Mastered to -10 LUFS which is still on the quieter side of electronic music but Bandcamp streaming is very quiet for some reason. I used the Minilogue as more of a controller than a synth. Not much Minilogue going on; I heavily process anyways so it wouldn't be a good showcase for that synth. Maybe I'll try an EP with just Minilogue soon.
Emian wrote:
13 Feb 2019
quality stuff, as usual P, i'm jealous to hear how you grow, but you have my upmost respect !
Hey Jan. Don't be too jealous. I had the cops called on me the other day because I was listening to one of Slam's latest releases among others at full volume while drunk and obnoxious. It was noon on a Monday though and I just assumed it wouldn't be too much of a bother. At least one of the cops told me he would shuffle if I produced a hit record. I think I want to go more techno though in the near future. Looking forward to hearing something from you.

Emian

13 Feb 2019

minilog wrote:
13 Feb 2019
4filegate wrote:
06 Feb 2019
Emian wrote:
13 Feb 2019
Hey Jan. Don't be too jealous. I had the cops called on me the other day because I was listening to one of Slam's latest releases among others at full volume while drunk and obnoxious. It was noon on a Monday though and I just assumed it wouldn't be too much of a bother. At least one of the cops told me he would shuffle if I produced a hit record. I think I want to go more techno though in the near future. Looking forward to hearing something from you.
i'm busy, i will have some work don this year ;)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

AS7RO

15 Feb 2019

Some never make it home is my favorite of all.

Nostalgic and the name itself. Whole song speaks to me. On the other hand, I am a sucker for lush sounds and clear mixes and you definitely have my attention on these
Why are you reading this?

tibah

16 Feb 2019

Great stuff. Including the little story about the cops calling for your Monday noon rave! :D

minilog

18 Feb 2019

Emian wrote:
13 Feb 2019
i'm busy, i will have some work don this year ;)
Cool man feel free to shoot me a message on here some time. I'm pretty much done with Facebook for a while I engineer my next project.
AS7RO wrote:
15 Feb 2019
Some never make it home is my favorite of all.

Nostalgic and the name itself. Whole song speaks to me. On the other hand, I am a sucker for lush sounds and clear mixes and you definitely have my attention on these
Thanks I really appreciate your feedback especially after hearing your recent project! The track you mentioned is in my top 3 and I'd like to follow that kind of vibe going forward. I think I'm finding a good balance between expressive electronica and functional techno.
tibah wrote:
16 Feb 2019
Great stuff. Including the little story about the cops calling for your Monday noon rave! :D
Thanks man. I quit drinking that day the cops came actually. My lady and I have a no alcohol in the house policy now which I'm fine with because I've been wanting to cut back. I can still catch a buzz at special outings. I'm going to a festival called CRSSD here in San Diego in a couple weekends to feel some vibes. I'm actually surprised to be having so much talent here given the strong preference for hip hop, r&b, pop, mainstream misc.

...................................................................................

Anyways, thanks for the listens folks. I mentioned this was a personal project done on the fly for most of the composition process. I wasn't going for fancy technique (mostly level automation) or industry standard loudness obviously (f@ck the loudness war) but I wanted this as a personal keepsake more than anything. Thank you for your feedback and support.

Zac

19 Feb 2019

Angels without purpose - loved it. Great synth work. Really flowed and grew. Loving this direction.

Ok i was going to comment as i went but im really enjoying this so I'll just come back at the end. Drums on disparity are amazing. Seriously.

Zac

19 Feb 2019

It's really impressive Peter. You are an amazing producer. It definitely has that played/live feel. Feels like a live set.

I love the space you create for your tracks. Deep and rounded, never harsh. And no sense of an overall room. Just well blended and full.

My faves were 1, 2, 7 and 9.

I really hope you can make a living doing this. You deserve a big audience IMO.

• Information