(synthpop) Love Is Different - by Pacific Deep - with band photo :)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
raymondh

11 Jan 2019

Carl visited me in Auckland last November, and we made our first co-located song! Normally we we collaborate remotely (Carl in San Francisco and me in Auckland).

We produced this one using Reason as usual, but all synths are hardware. Drums from our favourite drum refill - Kings of Kong.

Here's a pic during the session :)

cheers
Raymond

raveled
Competition Winner

12 Jan 2019

Love it! Superb vocals, fit the genre perfectly!

jappe

12 Jan 2019

I find this beautiful and flawless, melodies, vocals & mixing really convincing!

This would be great in an 80's retro movie.
:thumbs_up:

Some Desperate Glory

23 Jan 2019

Hey thanks you guys! This one was a lot of fun. It was the first "hardware only" song I had written in 20 years, and the first song I had written with someone else in the same room in 25 years! So a great experience. Made we want to get some hardware synths of my own! It was very cool to write a song in a new way, and very quickly. The skeleton of that track was done only in a couple of hours.
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

jappe

14 Jun 2019

Bumping this great song to say: thank's for the Kings of Kong (by Jiggery Pokery) refill tip, bought it today and really enjoying this superb retro drum collection!

raymondh

14 Jun 2019

jappe wrote:
14 Jun 2019
Bumping this great song to say: thank's for the Kings of Kong (by Jiggery Pokery) refill tip, bought it today and really enjoying this superb retro drum collection!
Awesome! Yeah it is really great!
I do find it is good to route the drums to individual mix channels and do my FX there, mainly because I'm not a big fan of the Kong FX. It really is a great refill and the very well put together, and it's a bargain to boot!
Enjoy!

cheers

bitley

14 Jun 2019

Disappointed!

- Well there's no viewable picture! ;-)

Great track - fun with D-50 here and there! Lovely that you finally hooked up after many years and many great recordings.

raymondh

14 Jun 2019

bitley wrote:
14 Jun 2019
Disappointed!

- Well there's no viewable picture! ;-)

Great track - fun with D-50 here and there! Lovely that you finally hooked up after many years and many great recordings.
Ha! Thanks. Not sure what happened to the image, but here it is again. Yeah it was great to hook up. We've met twice now, once in San Francisco and once in Auckland.

PD.jpg
PD.jpg (75.39 KiB) Viewed 766 times

bitley

14 Jun 2019

AWESOME bros!!! Feels like a pic from two great friends!!! Greetings from .SE! :-)

Welcome posting it here as well if you want to https://www.facebook.com/bitleysounds/

MarkTarlton

14 Jun 2019

this is good stuff Raymond and Carl!

I dig it :)

raymondh

15 Jun 2019

MarkTarlton wrote:
14 Jun 2019
this is good stuff Raymond and Carl!

I dig it :)
Thanks Mark!

Cheers!

raymondh

15 Jun 2019

bitley wrote:
14 Jun 2019
AWESOME bros!!! Feels like a pic from two great friends!!! Greetings from .SE! :-)

Welcome posting it here as well if you want to https://www.facebook.com/bitleysounds/
Thanks Patrick! Yeah it really is! A big Hi / Hey / Hej to you in Sweden!!
As well as the great friendships, this Reason community has been really awesome for my musical development. I feel very fortunate.
Thanks Patrick to you for your 'value add' to the Reason product with your amazing Fairlight refill. We have lots of gear and plugins now but Carl and I still use WBF a lot.

cheers
Raymond

bitley

15 Jun 2019

Many thanks - same here, sometimes HW inspiration strikes back!

• Information