(IDM Trap?) Aberration III

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
FLVZ

08 Dec 2018

Hey guys so I just released a remix LP for my track Aberration II which includes Aberration III (which is kind of my own remix of Aberration II).
Sitting in the spectrum of noise electronica, experimentalism, unstable 808 bass and other artifacts in the aberrant sonic theme. Version III is somewhat more accessible sounding than version I & II, would love some feedback and thoughts on this.

Cheers

Flavz

Bloma

09 Dec 2018

It's sick as. Love that lo-fi piano sound. Lots of crazy details. Love the compressed bass. Very fly-lo from 2:40, almost too much, but it is a beautiful sounding synth patch/chord progression. Maybe could imagine some more space in there sometimes. There's another sound in there that sounds very fly-lo (it's on Cosmogramma a lot), and personally I'd try and avoid things like that and really get your own sound and aesthetic. But overall very impressive track!

FLVZ

10 Dec 2018

Bloma wrote:
09 Dec 2018
It's sick as. Love that lo-fi piano sound. Lots of crazy details. Love the compressed bass. Very fly-lo from 2:40, almost too much, but it is a beautiful sounding synth patch/chord progression. Maybe could imagine some more space in there sometimes. There's another sound in there that sounds very fly-lo (it's on Cosmogramma a lot), and personally I'd try and avoid things like that and really get your own sound and aesthetic. But overall very impressive track!
Very interesting observation (also very flattering), I've been aware of Fly-lo's stuff for some time better never actually given him a proper listen. I think the sound you're speaking is rather coincidental (i've since listened to a few of his album after reading this comment) I created it as I was trying to avoid using typical risers and swooshes, and yeah its a bit weird how close the sound here is to some of the things he does. The piano section was probably a result of listening to a lot of Sam Gellaitry this yeah. Gotta admit these days is mega difficult to create a sound thats not been done before so I appreciate your honesty!

Bloma

10 Dec 2018

Awesome, looking forward to hearing more of your stuff.

• Information