[Electro] The Sound of Silence (electro-orchestral cover)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
mashers

Post 27 Nov 2018

Hi all

This is my cover of The Sound of Silence. It was done in Reason 10 only. The synths are all Thor, and the strings are StringWERK. The horns, woodwinds, percussion and electro drums are all Orkester and Factory Sound Bank. The drum kit which comes in at the end is from the Reason Drum Kits refill.

This song was a real challenge to perform as I go right from the bottom to the top of my range (bottom E to top G). I had to train to expand my range to two octaves + 3 semitones to perform this how I wanted it. I hope I did it justice.

:reason: Singer/songwriter exclusively using Reason 10 to write electro/orchestral songs
:lightbulb: Latest songs: Terrorbytes | Chrononauts | Peacock
:post: More songs on my YouTube channel

DrGOA®

Post 28 Nov 2018

Excellent job!

mashers

Post 28 Nov 2018

DrGOA® wrote:
28 Nov 2018
Excellent job!
Thanks mate :)
:reason: Singer/songwriter exclusively using Reason 10 to write electro/orchestral songs

bossa

Post 01 Dec 2018

The doubled voice sounds realy nice! I like also the strings and the sequenze. I think the drum sound needs more epic sounding.

mashers

Post 01 Dec 2018

bossa wrote:
01 Dec 2018
The doubled voice sounds realy nice! I like also the strings and the sequenze. I think the drum sound needs more epic sounding.
Thank you! I was really happy with the way the strings and vocals worked too. I actually agree about the drums. I needed to use more compression and make them bolder and add some more percussion parts really.

bossa

Post 02 Dec 2018

Tell me, if there is an update!

mashers

Post 02 Dec 2018

bossa wrote:
02 Dec 2018
Tell me, if there is an update!
I probably won’t revisit this, but if I do I’ll post here :)

• Information