[Progressive Metal] Aurora

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
chimp_spanner

20 Nov 2018

Re-working an old (but otherwise unreleased) song for an upcoming album. First time I've really sat down and worked on anything like this, to this degree entirely in Reason.

The *only* issue I have atm is that I need my latency at 64 samples to track with Kuassa, and it's really asking a lot of my laptop. Not sure how much of this is down to the VST issue, although I'm really only using one - Superior Drummer 3. Everything else is stock devices or rack extensions.

The ending is missing but working on that atm!

Wickline

20 Nov 2018

Dude this sounds amazing! Are you planning on adding vocals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

chimp_spanner

21 Nov 2018

Thanks! Nah I've always been an instrumental guy :) Any empty space I'll try to fill up with cool soundscaping or effects. I would of course like to work with vocals one day, but different kind of music I think!

Wickline

21 Nov 2018

chimp_spanner wrote:Thanks! Nah I've always been an instrumental guy :) Any empty space I'll try to fill up with cool soundscaping or effects. I would of course like to work with vocals one day, but different kind of music I think!
Was just curious what direction this was going. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

DrGOA®

21 Nov 2018

For sure - good job!

guitfnky

25 Nov 2018

really awesome stuff (I’d expect no less, haha). do you write, mix, and arrange simultaneously? that’s my biggest difficulty with Reason in keeping the buffer small to perform—I’m adding new sounds and tweaking existing ones through the entire process, and the extra overhead can add up pretty quickly. sometimes I wish I could just go in with structure and instrumentation already mapped out so I could save all the processing for the back end, but I’ve had to accept that a process like that doesn’t work for someone with an attention span as inadequate as mine. 😆
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

bossa
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2018

sometimes more fusion than metal, a little bit sounding jazz-rock in the guitar solo play?

Ixus

27 Nov 2018

Great stuff indeed!

• Information