(Ambient) Sola Luna

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
RealmUK

06 Nov 2018

Here's a little something I created for the latest AmbientOnline.org compilation ...

Sola Luna literally translates to "lonely moon" or "alone is the moon". Have a listen on a cloudless night and look to the sky. Imagine how lonely it must feel in the cold and dark being a quarter of a million miles away from your nearest companion.

Enjoy. Peace.

prophecy

07 Nov 2018

Conjured thoughts of Stanislaw Lem's Solaris. I like the way some of the offbeat clicks play with the feeling of the time signature. At the end those synth stabs made me think of Pink Floyd's Money, or Time, or maybe one of the other one's that I can't quite remember the name of it. Anyway, that was meant to be a compliment, sorry. I liked it.
Are you using stock sounds/plugins or have you made your own?
Reason 10 Lite | Surface Pro 3 i5 | Akai MPK Mini II | Yamaha Clavinova CVP5 | Fingers | Ears |

RealmUK

08 Nov 2018

prophecy wrote:
07 Nov 2018
Conjured thoughts of Stanislaw Lem's Solaris. I like the way some of the offbeat clicks play with the feeling of the time signature. At the end those synth stabs made me think of Pink Floyd's Money, or Time, or maybe one of the other one's that I can't quite remember the name of it. Anyway, that was meant to be a compliment, sorry. I liked it.
Are you using stock sounds/plugins or have you made your own?
Firstly, many thanks for listening and taking the time to feed back your thoughts. I really appreciate it.

Many of the sounds are stock but most have been heavily treated with effects. There's also plenty of 3rd party refills too, also heavily treated. I used a sample which was of the radio comms during the Apollo 11 moon landing (the famous "eagle has landed' recording) ... this was reversed, stretched a little, Pulverised, and gated with Alligator to form one of the rhythmical, percussive sounds you refer to. I thought it appropriate to use in a piece of music about the moon. :)

Eski

08 Nov 2018

Nice job on this, it definitely has sola vibes.
It also reminds me of some of the 'carbon based lifeforms' work.

RealmUK

08 Nov 2018

Eski wrote:
08 Nov 2018
Nice job on this, it definitely has sola vibes.
It also reminds me of some of the 'carbon based lifeforms' work.
Many thanks for the feedback Eski.

That is probably one of the best things you could have said to me!! CBL are a massive inspiration for me ... I love their work. :)

• Information