(Anti-80s-Synth/HipHop/Pop) Cruel Intentions

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Troublemecca

23 Oct 2018

Check my mix... and tell me how this makes you feel

De-commissioned till further notice.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Troublemecca on 23 Oct 2018, edited 2 times in total.

Troublemecca

25 Oct 2018

Bloma wrote:
25 Oct 2018
It ain't workin'
Try now... I made it private, sorry.

Pete B

27 Oct 2018

Good. I think the vocals could be more immersed in the track. Or maybe they have been recorded too quietly, so that when you put them at a loud enough level they sound too close.

Troublemecca

27 Oct 2018

Pete B wrote:Good. I think the vocals could be more immersed in the track. Or maybe they have been recorded too quietly, so that when you put them at a loud enough level they sound too close.
I agree... Think I'm over-processing the vocals on this one, so it becomes difficult to pin down the source of the problem. I'm using these tracks as a test bed. Learning as I go, trying to experiment a bit.

Interestingly I'm using more gain on the pre than I have in the past.

I think I need to turn them down and eq/shape the rest of the track so their presence is more subtle. Perhaps re-record the vocals with a more even delivery (and consistent levels, yikes!) and simplify the effects chain. For some reason reverb (my go to presence control) sounded terrible on this track.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

• Information