(Epic Trailer) Epic Trailer Music 05

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
NekujaK

10 Oct 2018

Another trailer piece done on the cheap. I'm hoping to snag a couple of high-end libraries that are specifically built for this type of music during upcoming Black Friday deals, but in the meantime, still trying to squeeze what I can out of more reasonably-priced alternatives :crazy:

I was forced to start this piece in Reaper because Reason completely choked with all the Kontakt and VST instruments loaded :( But after bouncing some of the more CPU-intensive parts, I was able to bring everything back into Reason to complete it, thankfully :cool:

Instruments Used:
- Subtractor (Reason)
- Humana (Reason)
- Reason Factory Soundbank (Reason)
- e-instruments lab: StringWERK (RE)
- DNA Labs: Cinematic Strings (Refill)
- Sonic Reality: Miroslav Gold (Refill)
- Softphonics: Embouchre (Refill)
- Softphonics: Epic Beatre (Refill)
- Soundiron: Hyperion Strings Micro (Kontakt)
- Soundiron: Olympus Choir Elements (Kontakt)
- Soundiron: Apocalypse Percussion Elements (Kontakt)
- Sonivox: Orchestra Companion Brass (VST)
- Steinberg: Padshop Pro (VST)
- UVI: Meteor (VST)
- Various sound FX samples (WAV)
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

motuscott

13 Oct 2018

Noice!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

aegisninja

14 Oct 2018

Considering all the vst's used, I don't know if I would exactly say this was done cheap, but it sounds fantastic!

NekujaK

15 Oct 2018

aegisninja wrote:
14 Oct 2018
Considering all the vst's used, I don't know if I would exactly say this was done cheap, but it sounds fantastic!
Thank you. I suppose "on the cheap" is relative. Most high-end "professional" orchestral libraries/instruments from the likes of Spitfire, Orchestral Tools, Sonuscore, EastWest, etc. start around $300 and go up from there. I don't think I paid more than $50 for any VST on my list, thanks to timely sales in a lot of cases. $50 is pretty much at the upper limit of what I consider a reasonably priced plugin. But everyone has their own measuring stick :D
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

aegisninja

15 Oct 2018

Yeah, I use Spitfire and ProjectSam stuff myself, but you've got a lot of solid plugins.

darkmode

19 Oct 2018

Really great piece. Nicely done and great production. Well done!

• Information