(Beat, piano, guitar, electronic) People

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Nim

18 Sep 2018

Hey ReasonTalk. What genre would you put this in? And what would you do to the mixing and mastering? I don't have much time for music lately, but I want to make more time for it and thought maybe I could get some inspiration to get back into it in here. And yea, this is my first post. Hope this is ok, or did i miss the introduction board? :?

avasopht
Competition Winner

20 Sep 2018

That last one, I've no idea what genre it is but my sister listens to lots of it. I absolutely love that style.

Troublemecca

20 Sep 2018

It's kinda chill-wavey... this is beautiful... And right up my alley. Are you on spotify? I swear I've heard your handle before. I'm brand new to mixing and mastering, so I'm hardly a critic... But you pass the amateur bar with flying colors. Flying.

Nim

21 Sep 2018

avasopht wrote:
20 Sep 2018
That last one, I've no idea what genre it is but my sister listens to lots of it. I absolutely love that style.
Haha, thanks mate! The sounds are a bit inspired by "toy pop" in that track, but I don't think it's toy pop genre-wise.

Nim

21 Sep 2018

Troublemecca wrote:
20 Sep 2018
It's kinda chill-wavey... this is beautiful... And right up my alley. Are you on spotify? I swear I've heard your handle before. I'm brand new to mixing and mastering, so I'm hardly a critic... But you pass the amateur bar with flying colors. Flying.
Chill-wave! I would think the beat and rhythm was to pronounced and irregular to be some sort of -wave, but I can see that. I'll have to listen to some chill-wave now. I'm not on spotify afaik, not yet. :) Thank you for your kind words!!!

Troublemecca

21 Sep 2018

Nim wrote:
Troublemecca wrote:
20 Sep 2018
Chill-wave! I would think the beat and rhythm was to pronounced and irregular to be some sort of -wave, but I can see that. I'll have to listen to some chill-wave now. I'm not on spotify afaik, not yet. :) Thank you for your kind words!!!
In your defense... I use that term to describe everything that led me down the path of atmospheric, hiphop inspired music, which started happening during chill wave's ascent. When I found Little Dragon, my heart exploded. I still listen to Brazilian Girl's first album... Whose keyboardist actually uses Reason live (which I just discovered a week ago despite seeing them live a few times over the years lol). Not that any of that is your style, but all within my scope of admiration which you fall in.

Sidenote:

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Nim

22 Sep 2018

Troublemecca wrote:
21 Sep 2018
Hey thats cool mate. Had a listen to both of them. Especially liked some of the Little Dragon stuff. Hadn't heard about either of them. Thanks. :)

Had a listen to your stuff as well. Very cool! getting some Tribe Called Quest-y vibes from FYI. :clap:

Sidenoting you back with who I'm listetening to a lot lately, maybe that'll fall within your realm as well:

Troublemecca

23 Sep 2018

Nim wrote:
Troublemecca wrote:
21 Sep 2018
Hey thats cool mate. Had a listen to both of them. Especially liked some of the Little Dragon stuff. Hadn't heard about either of them. Thanks. :)

Had a listen to your stuff as well. Very cool! getting some Tribe Called Quest-y vibes from FYI. :clap:

Sidenoting you back with who I'm listetening to a lot lately, maybe that'll fall within your realm as well:

Thank you for the kind words, that's a comparison I can def be proud of! Those two aren't really on my heavy rotation these days... More like all time fav albums (I didn't specify on little dragon cause they have about 5 albums that I swear by... just all around luscious, thought provoking sound).

That said, more recently I've been on the likes of Tom Misch and FKJ... But I kinda stopped listening to music once I bought Reason in March, lol

That track you sent is awesome, you hit it on the nose cause I've had 'Lay By' in my saved songs on Spotify for a minute lol

Nim

25 Sep 2018

Troublemecca wrote:
23 Sep 2018
Nim wrote:
Thank you for the kind words, that's a comparison I can def be proud of! Those two aren't really on my heavy rotation these days... More like all time fav albums (I didn't specify on little dragon cause they have about 5 albums that I swear by... just all around luscious, thought provoking sound).

That said, more recently I've been on the likes of Tom Misch and FKJ... But I kinda stopped listening to music once I bought Reason in March, lol

That track you sent is awesome, you hit it on the nose cause I've had 'Lay By' in my saved songs on Spotify for a minute lol

Yea, Tennyson are awesome. You gotta check out their live performances if you haven't, so unique (but i guess I'm sidetracking into an Ableton discussion now).
https://youtu.be/KMRm9cpjm_w?t=1983
Hope they're done touring soon. Been a year since uh oh. ^^

• Information