(soundtrack) Ascension

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
raymondh

17 Sep 2018

Hi everyone

I'm not entirely sure where I was going with this track, but I was trying to get a darker, more industrial sound than my usual comfort zone, well after a couple of minutes in anyway!

cheers!

jappe

20 Sep 2018

Nice buildup from thin intro sound to full body.

I like the pan modulation on the pad from 1:38. (I pan modulated the pad for the first time in my recent song, and wondering why I've always kept that static before)

Solid bass sound and dark enough for the right kind of movie to fit it with, it'd make a great atmosphere for sure, well done!

raymondh

20 Sep 2018

jappe wrote:
20 Sep 2018
Nice buildup from thin intro sound to full body.

I like the pan modulation on the pad from 1:38. (I pan modulated the pad for the first time in my recent song, and wondering why I've always kept that static before)

Solid bass sound and dark enough for the right kind of movie to fit it with, it'd make a great atmosphere for sure, well done!
Thanks for your feedback!

The intro has an automated high pass filter to gradually allow more bass, and an automated synchronous with a gradual reduction in processing on the pads, all to try and help the build - so thanks for that feedback!

I'm still wondering whether I really should have made this two separate tracks since the first two minutes is quite a different genre than the rest of the track, but then it's just following a formula which isn't interesting either so I thought I'd leave it :)

Cheers!

Troublemecca

20 Sep 2018

This is dope. I dig it. I'm about 3:30 in and getting impatient for you to bring back the pad (saw?) that loops (arpeggiated, slightly off beat? ) at the very beginning... But against the industrial drums of the second half... Bringing that sound back at some point would really close it up I think.

• Information