(Neo-Soul) Looking for collaborator on new album!

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
jzquantum

01 Sep 2018

Hello Reason Community!

I am working on my 4th album (to be released in 2019). I am mostly an instrumentalist, but I am trying to include vocalists on my next album. I am looking for a female or male vocalist to do a neo-soul track (think Jill Scott, Toni Braxton or Kem type of tracks). It will be released on the usual streaming sites, iTunes, Amazon, Spotify and the gig pays no money (because I make no money from my music).

You will get full credit on the album notes as a contributor to the song and your name will be featured in the title of the song. I work under the artist name "g-bass project" and you can check out my previous work on those sites above as well as my website, gbassproject.com. I compose 100% in Reason.

In return for your work I will either try to write 1 song of music for one of your projects, or play bass in one of your tracks. Or if you prefer I will master a song or two of your projects. I use iZotope 8 Advanced in the standalone application to master, which works great.

You would need to have a pretty decent vocal recording setup, unless you live near me in the States, then we can record in the studio. I am looking for serious collaborators and people who are "serious hobbists" like me. The music to the song is done and I have a concept for the lyrics to the song. I just need a vocalist. If you are interested, I will send you a snippet of the song so you can see if you want to work on it.

Thanks!

AS7RO

01 Sep 2018

Curious... What kind of music do you make?
Why are you reading this?

jzquantum

01 Sep 2018

AS7RO wrote:
01 Sep 2018
Hey AS7RO ,

Mostly instrumental...some of my reviews say "it's like Sade's music without Sade singing." I would loosely classify it as neo-soul.

And yes, your track is in the genre of where I am right now. I try to play and record as many of the instruments as I can (guitar, bass, percussion, midi drums, etc.).

Do you sing?

AS7RO

01 Sep 2018

jzquantum wrote:
01 Sep 2018
AS7RO wrote:
01 Sep 2018
Hey AS7RO ,

Mostly instrumental...some of my reviews say "it's like Sade's music without Sade singing." I would loosely classify it as neo-soul.

And yes, your track is in the genre of where I am right now. I try to play and record as many of the instruments as I can (guitar, bass, percussion, midi drums, etc.).

Do you sing?
Haha I see. Well I dont sing unfortunately. I dont know if I would classify my track as neo-soul. I'd say my track is more EDM based

I was just curious overall but if you have tracks like mine I'd like to hear 'em
Why are you reading this?

jzquantum

02 Sep 2018

AS7RO wrote:
01 Sep 2018
jzquantum wrote:
01 Sep 2018

Hey AS7RO ,

Do you sing?
Haha I see. Well I dont sing unfortunately. I dont know if I would classify my track as neo-soul. I'd say my track is more EDM based

I was just curious overall but if you have tracks like mine I'd like to hear 'em
Oh, sure.

Listen to my song called "Ohui (Oh-Wee)"

• Information