Chill/PSy - Tickets

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Loque

30 Aug 2018

Here is my latest track. Feedback to song writing, mixing, mastering, sounds and so in is very welcome.

Reason12, Win10

AS7RO

31 Aug 2018

You know. One thing I love about Reason community is that Reason users mostly make unique music.

and it is very appreciated within the community.. Well done!

Sounds like you fill out all the spaces.. It can get dissonant at fractions of a second due to all the sounds coming in and out.

I see people like you with the same role as PhD students. You write/study something unique then later on that music/paper can be utilize for another purpose or a foundation of something else.
Why are you reading this?

yello73

31 Aug 2018

I liked it a lot. Very relaxing and groovy, nice progressions. Did you use only Reason? (for mastering, too)?
:essentials: 10, iMac

Loque

31 Aug 2018

yello73 wrote:
31 Aug 2018
I liked it a lot. Very relaxing and groovy, nice progressions. Did you use only Reason? (for mastering, too)?

Yes, Reason only. Also for Mastering.
Reason12, Win10

strangers
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2018

Hey Loque, very nice work! I have a habit of being skip-happy when listening to music if it doesn't hold my interest. It's been a while since I've let something play through completely. Your song was an exception. The progression was great and all of the elements throughout the song were really interesting. Care to share a little bit on what went into making this or even some of the sounds?

Loque

12 Sep 2018

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Here are some of the things I used and what has inspired me :
* i was browsing NASA samples from that golden record and a few others. I thought, they could be interesting mangled through Grain
* Thorn, eXpanse, Europa, Noise Engineering and Farfisa are the main synths, beside a few Gains. Punch for the kick
* FX like Gorgeon (free version of a product later integrated into something from Glitchmachines), khs Gate and probably some others. Compressor is most of the time FRG with sidechaning kick and sometimes the snares too. Sometimes I created a dynamic EQ too - still looking for a good solution with lookahead
* this time I tried not to create to much stuff in each frequency band and kept room for other bands with GQ-7. Now I need something to manage this better
* Carefully tried to level everything. But my room setup makes this still pretty hard imo
* 3 TSR1 on send fx, each for a different size. Tried the first time to create a coordinated distance for nearly every channel. Made the sound bright and big. Very good technique imo
* nothing fancy at the master. Tried several times not to overdue it, but still had troubles with too much limiting her and there... Something I really need to learn better...
* oh... And everything done in Reason
Last edited by Loque on 22 Sep 2018, edited 2 times in total.
Reason12, Win10

Jagwah

19 Sep 2018

I really dig this, and if it's your unique style I look forward to hearing more.

The bass is really cool I felt like I could hear it all day and not get tired of it.

Good spacious mix, overall really good man, keep at it!

• Information