(Darkwave / Synthwave - cover) Game of Thrones Main Theme.

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
wishMachine

24 Aug 2018

Original Piece by Ramin Djawadi.

I bought VK2 recently and it's melted my brain how good it is! This is one of those things that just happened after I opened it up for the first time.

Every single sound is generated with the VK2, even the drums. Every effect used is also courtesy of Blamsoft! I used an inline VK2 on the drum bus for reverb. The only other effects applied are EQ and compression from the reason mixer. Reason and Blamsoft only here!

I could have got a few more instruments in and upped the anti on the drum track, but I felt this was enough of a demonstration as is. VK2 is frikken incredible!
:reason: 10 :record: :refill: :ignition: :re:

FLVZ

25 Aug 2018

I'm feeling some nostalgia of playing sonic in my teens on a sega saturn. I think a modern day Sonic game should be powered by VK2 :lol: . Currently my favourite synth!

Blamsoft
RE Developer

25 Aug 2018

Nicely done! Dig the tune. Glad to be a part of it.

wishMachine

27 Aug 2018

Flavolous wrote:
25 Aug 2018
I'm feeling some nostalgia of playing sonic in my teens on a sega saturn. I think a modern day Sonic game should be powered by VK2 :lol: . Currently my favourite synth!
I never managed to move away from that old school vibe, currently losing my life to Dead Cells. VK2 is a bit special, isn't it! :D
Blamsoft wrote:
25 Aug 2018
Nicely done! Dig the tune. Glad to be a part of it.
I am humbled that you feel that way, thank you! The strange thing is, I only tweaked the drum sounds, the rest are presets (which I rarely if ever use). The warmth of this synthesiser is something else! I take my hat of to you and eXode for the work that went into it.
:reason: 10 :record: :refill: :ignition: :re:

FLVZ

29 Aug 2018

I quite like the instant gratification of old skool arcade games, and the soundtracks were always nice! Can't fault you.

• Information