Generative Music (Generative)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

17 Aug 2018

This was a fun project, my first stab at generative music, the main goal was not to end up with something that was just beeps and bloops.

The main kick is the only programmed bit.
All other drums and notes are random, coming from one Thor, LFO2 random waveform.

The sound quality is not brilliant as I wanted to create the video live and I had to use 2 PC's so the audio from one PC to the other is sent over my gigabit network and there is a couple of packets lost, also my PC running Reason the DSP was nearly maxed out, hence the audio being sent to another PC.
Reason is controlling Magic to select what graphics are being displayed and the audio makes up and moves a lot of the graphics in Magic.

Did a small video on the main setup (this is the worst video I have made, the first 10 minutes is OK and explains how it I did it, in the rest of it, I just got side tracked and forgot what I really wanted to cover LOL)

This piece was inspired by Jay Bird's "Nothing is record"

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

jappe

30 Sep 2018

That's an interesting project, thank's for sharing how you did it. This is something I could find myself experimenting with eventually.
I like how you approach it from scratch in the video, making it easy to follow.
In general, I really like your tutorials, showing great presentation skills.

• Information