(Folk rock jazz, elements of) Class Debate

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Pete B

10 Aug 2018

I wanted the acoustic guitar to lead this song, so that I could go more naturally with the flow of the emotions rather than follow a strict tempo. What a pain! It took a long time fitting everything to the fluctuating tempo - the tail wagging the dog. I'd do it again though, but not just yet.

It's a song about class war. Yes, that's still a thing!

All criticism/feedback welcome.

Pete

strangers
Competition Winner

11 Aug 2018

Vocals aren't my cup of tea but I like the music a lot. This must have been quite the process if guitar was your lead without tempo. I tried doing the same on an acoustic piece I started working on a few months back. Once I went to add drums I realized it just wouldn't work and had to scrap the entire thing. Haven't gone back to re-record any of it yet. So, congrats to you for pulling it off and getting it done even with the headaches.

Pete B

14 Aug 2018

strangers wrote:
11 Aug 2018
Vocals aren't my cup of tea but I like the music a lot. This must have been quite the process if guitar was your lead without tempo. I tried doing the same on an acoustic piece I started working on a few months back. Once I went to add drums I realized it just wouldn't work and had to scrap the entire thing. Haven't gone back to re-record any of it yet. So, congrats to you for pulling it off and getting it done even with the headaches.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah it was a real slog adding the drums to the less than strict rhythm of the acoustic guitar. I had to move MIDI drum notes (if they were too far off) to be in line with the slice markers in the guitar's audio track -- loads of alternately opening and closing of the two tracks. Got any better way? Think I'll ask for opinions in the 'tutorials and techniques' part of the forum.
ljekio wrote:
11 Aug 2018
Interesting piece!
Thanks for listening and the feedback!

• Information