(synthpop) Synchronize Our Hearts

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Some Desperate Glory

06 Aug 2018

Here's a new song by Raymond and me called Synchronize Our Hearts. This one started out as a bit of an experiment of trying out a few new songwriting techniques I've learned. I think the song came out pretty well!

Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

Scoobyman II

06 Aug 2018

The singing is blending well with the song. I think this is the most rhyming I've heard you do in lyrics. Nice work.

isunray

07 Aug 2018

Another great job gentlemen, my heart is synchronised :).

www.soundcloud.com/isunray

Some Desperate Glory

08 Aug 2018

Thank you so much! You can thank Raymond for that vocal mixing. I wasn't thrilled with the performance but after his reverb treatment I think the vocals sound great!
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

jappe

09 Aug 2018

The song came out pretty well indeed, takes me back to the early 80s!

Now I'm interested in what secret song writing techniques you learned :puf_bigsmile:

Some Desperate Glory

15 Aug 2018

jappe wrote:
09 Aug 2018

Now I'm interested in what secret song writing techniques you learned :puf_bigsmile:
Thanks! Not really much of a secret. I read a book about Max Martin and how he writes his songs. One of the things that interested me (among other things I've been trying) is to use the same simple chord progression in the verse and chorus. It makes people feel more comfortable with the song sooner (assuming you're able to mask that you're doing it by varying the instrumentation).

logicalpocket

22 Aug 2018

Great work guys :)
Blep

thedjjudah

22 Aug 2018

Sounds good man. The bass really stands out.

jappe

07 Oct 2018

Some Desperate Glory wrote:
15 Aug 2018
jappe wrote:
09 Aug 2018

Thanks! Not really much of a secret. I read a book about Max Martin and how he writes his songs. One of the things that interested me (among other things I've been trying) is to use the same simple chord progression in the verse and chorus. It makes people feel more comfortable with the song sooner (assuming you're able to mask that you're doing it by varying the instrumentation).
Thanks for sharing!

dusan.cani

16 Oct 2018

Hi there,

What synths did you use in the song ?

They sound very nice !

Wobbleburger

16 Oct 2018

I love the production on this. Very nice job. Just a random idea... What if you vocoded the entire vocal in key then set it (very low) in the background? Just an idea maybe for a remix sometime.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

raymondh

17 Oct 2018

Thanks guys.

That vocoder idea could be interesting!

The soft synths & Refills are:
Blamsoft/eXode VK2
Subtractor :)
u-he Diva
u-he Repro 5
Bitley WBF