[Pop] - French(ish) Pop From Mytho

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
mcatalao
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2018

Hi guys,

A nice Pop in french entirely done in Reason from sequencing to final mastering.

Technicalities:

Piano and drums are from Reason Pianos and Reason drums 2. The song also had a guitar from Virtual Guitarrist, and a bass from Reason Electric Basses but both have now acoustic versions.

The Bass was recorded through Tlaudio Ivory 5052's DI with compression and EQ (wet + dry signal).

The guitar was recorded live through an Oktava Mk12 Pair.
Melodica recorded with a Studio Projects C1.

All vocals recorded with an Audio Technica 4047Mp, onto a Focusrite Octapre (Class A).

Too many Re's to explain the mixing but generally speaking, the vocal chains are Selig's DeEsser and Leveler, and there's a lot of McDsp dynamics on a bunch of stuff, plus a lot of stuff going on with the main mixer dynamics too. This was mastered in reason too with a C670 into EVE-MP5, into Nugen Audio Stereoizer, into Izotope Ozone Maximizer (the Re Version).

The video was recorded in Paris and Lisbon (the trio playing cuts are not in France unfortunately)...

Hope you like it!

modecca

28 Jul 2018

I'm ready to join the band.
I'll play the pads and the bitcrush over the final mix:

Author asked me to delete remix.
Last edited by modecca on 29 Jul 2018, edited 1 time in total.
🔗💥

rcbuse
RE Developer

29 Jul 2018

modecca wrote:
28 Jul 2018

I don't know how they could possibly pass this opportunity up.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

29 Jul 2018

modecca wrote:
28 Jul 2018

Well... That's really not the sound we have in mind and i'm a bit doutfull if being "re-mixed" at this stage is a good thing or not...

I've sent you an email/pm.
Last edited by mcatalao on 30 Jul 2018, edited 1 time in total.

29 Jul 2018

This sounds really good - song, performance and recording.

It is very rare that one hears a non-electronic piece posted here and Reason is obviously very up to the task. The drums and piano fit in really nicely with the acoustic instruments.

Did you use reverb, and if yes which one?

Thanks so much for sharing. As a fellow Reason user, I found it very inspiring.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

29 Jul 2018

Hi 6502.

Thanks for your comment.

Yes i use reverb but in a very conservative way.
I usually have 2 send reverbs, a long spring and a short room, i think this one is not exception. I think the long is UHE Ambient Re (you can't get the Re anymore but you can still use the Vst Version in Reason) and the short is either a short room from RV7000 Mk2 or a studio room from Tsar 1.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

30 Jul 2018

modecca wrote:
28 Jul 2018
Author asked me to delete remix.
modecca,

Thanks for understanding.

modecca

30 Jul 2018

mcatalao wrote:
29 Jul 2018
modecca wrote:
28 Jul 2018

Well... That's really not the sound we have in mind and i'm a bit doutfull if being "re-mixed" at this stage is a good thing or not...

I've sent you an email/pm.
Often times I find the only way for me to connect to to a genre I don't normally gravitate towards, is for me personally to be involved (art should encourage others to participate even if they are tone deaf).
I began to connect to the music a lot more experimenting with it and I actually felt no need to subtract, rather add being that is had plenty of space for electronic shenanigans using zero electronic instruments.
I still love the vocals pitched down 4 semi-tones!
Also I have a large appetite for unusual, so some carefully chosen bit crush patches (generated from a bit crush randomizer combi I made) really hit the spot for me for some reason.
Also in this song I also found a home for some vk2 patches I have been working on in my search to the question: do I need a high end hardware synth?
I wasn't making a mockery of the original (even though lol/ wtf moments are typical in my process), rather I saw something different in the reason music forum and it sparked a 'what if x' idea executed in my usual avante guarde fashion.
I have probably listened to this song (or a version of it) as many times as you have.
This original video posted is for the world to see and should the world be influenced by it and should these influences manifest themselves in unexpected ways, this is in my opinion is the best that can be hoped for.
I could have said "keep up the great work" instead, but what fun is that?
🔗💥

• Information