[Electronica / Acoustic] Herz und Verstand

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
tibah

25 Jul 2018

Instead of making everything into a new topic, I will just use this thread for all the more mature ideas aka I made no album. ;)

Last edited by tibah on 26 Aug 2018, edited 13 times in total.

aeox
Competition Winner

25 Jul 2018

Wonderful!

tibah

26 Jul 2018

aeox wrote:
25 Jul 2018
Wonderful!
Cheers aeox! :puf_smile:

jimmyklane

26 Jul 2018

Really like how the intro piano detunes and then comes back to true...very creative. The drums are very laid back, the strings are lovely, and the pad that you’ve chosen perfectly matched the mood of the song.
Deep, contemplative, and a little melancholic my only “criticism” (if it can be called that) is that I would like it to be longer and keep evolving and devolving to create and release tension in the song.
WELL DONE!!!!
-Jim

PS: The piano library you’re using has a unique sound. I’d love to know what you did to create that detuning automation within the patch.....most piano sample libraries have “honky tonk” as a preset, but not one that you can morph into! Really like that aspect of the track and would like to hear more about it.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

Micha1973

26 Jul 2018

A dreamy track - i like it
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

tibah

26 Jul 2018

Cheers for all the comments guys!
jimmyklane wrote:
26 Jul 2018
Really like how the intro piano detunes and then comes back to true...very creative. The drums are very laid back, the strings are lovely, and the pad that you’ve chosen perfectly matched the mood of the song.
Deep, contemplative, and a little melancholic my only “criticism” (if it can be called that) is that I would like it to be longer and keep evolving and devolving to create and release tension in the song.
WELL DONE!!!!
-Jim

PS: The piano library you’re using has a unique sound. I’d love to know what you did to create that detuning automation within the patch.....most piano sample libraries have “honky tonk” as a preset, but not one that you can morph into! Really like that aspect of the track and would like to hear more about it.
No criticism taken, as I personally want to let it evolve into more, somewhat close to 5 minutes would be perfect for me. :) Thanks for the kinds words again!

Piano is easy (and even free!). It's the free Spitfire Audio Labs Soft Piano, which you can download via their 3rd party app. Runs in its own player / engine.
https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/

It's basically an old upright with the practice pedal up to give it that felt sound (my favorite piano sound, in the same realm as Una Corda by NI, just free ;)).

The sound itself is basically the piano as it is with loads of high end boost to bring out the mechanics, along with the free OrilRiver reverb VST on top. It doesn't have much layers for creating a very expressive performance, but it works lovely in a composition like this. The modwheel which controls dynamics to my ears is just louder vs. triggering a different section of lower velocities samples. So it's modwheel all the way up for most presence in sound.

So, either it is the piano character itself you're referring to or it's more about the pad layer supporting it, with its own reverb with a certain modulation to the tail. This would be my best guess to recreate that sound. Just get the piano and noodle away with it yourself and you might accomplish the same thing easily! :)

jappe

28 Jul 2018

Absolutely beautiful :puf_smile:
I can imagine listening to this in an emotional movie scene, making it perfect.

Here's some further inspiration regarding piano+electronica music from a Swedish group which I used to listen a lot to in the eighties:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBUONWr4FKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d06Rnzfy8M

tibah

28 Jul 2018

Cheers jappe! :)

tibah

05 Aug 2018

Instead of making everything into a new topic, I will just use this thread for all the more mature ideas.

Auryn

06 Aug 2018

tibah wrote:
25 Jul 2018
Soo, I never posted music on here beside participating in RE song challenges. I'm currently trying to explore deeper into hybrid music of acoustic and electronica, something I've tried for many years, but I finally feel like I'm on the right track, also trying to get better in actually playing in parts and phrases vs. programming them. So, this is still a random preview and I'm still trying to get more expression and dynamics into the strings, but I like it so far. Thinking of Olafur Arnalds, A Winged Victory for the Sullen and alike:

This is quite beautiful. A real coherent sound where everything just fits/complements the other elements. Well done!
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

tibah

06 Aug 2018

Auryn wrote:
06 Aug 2018
This is quite beautiful. A real coherent sound where everything just fits/complements the other elements. Well done!
Thanks a lot! :) Don't miss the 2nd tune.

tibah

10 Aug 2018

Some more...

Pete B

10 Aug 2018

tibah wrote:
25 Jul 2018
Soo, I never posted music on here beside participating in RE song challenges. I'm currently trying to explore deeper into hybrid music of acoustic and electronica, something I've tried for many years, but I finally feel like I'm on the right track, also trying to get better in actually playing in parts and phrases vs. programming them. So, this is still a random preview and I'm still trying to get more expression and dynamics into the strings, but I like it so far. Thinking of Olafur Arnalds, A Winged Victory for the Sullen and alike:

Sounds good. I'd say your exploration "into hybrid music of acoustic and electronica" is one worth taking. Electronica often seems to me to be lacking in the emotion that acoustic brings. The expression you've got in the strings is already impressive.

tibah

11 Aug 2018

Very nice to hear. Appreciated! :)

tibah

19 Aug 2018

Bump because of playlist added. ;)

• Information