[Trance] And all that will never be

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
phoken

25 Jul 2018

Hi Reaonstalk community,

Just finished a new trance track. Well, depends on what one might consider finished....
It's called "And all that will never be" and was made using reason 9.5
I know it has it's flaw and since everything is played in the same note, it's kinda cheesy but i like it anyways.
I'd say given my current skill in producing music, it's the best i could come up with.

If any of you want to take a listen, i am open to comments and criticism. Oh that rhymes... :P

Regards

Phoken

25 Jul 2018

I thought this was really, really good. Not cheesy at all in my opinion.

The only thing that came to my mind was that in the middle when the piano riff repeats a few times, maybe there could be an additional build element. But that is really minor. Thoroughly enjoyed the track and will listen again.

MindTheft

25 Jul 2018

I think it's a good track, it's got good energy, and has a groove that gets to you.

As mentioned above, I think the tinkley piano is a bit lonely by itself.. perhaps a simultaneous counter melody using a complementing synth would keep it company? :)

I particularly like the drum breaks part at 3:30. The tinkley piano is backed up by the rest of the tune after that, but I felt that the strings might sound cool if they moved in and out a bit, quieter > louder, duller > brighter etc, alternating every two bars perhaps?

I'm not a huge fan of tracks longer than 6 mins, especially if they loop on and on, I like good song progression etc, but I was engaged for the full 7:25 :)

Nice work, well done!

phoken

26 Jul 2018

Thanks for taking the time to listen to it and for the kind words. Means a lot as you can imagine.
perhaps a simultaneous counter melody using a complementing synth would keep it company?
Yes, i too have the vague feeling that it sounds a bit lost in between all the synths and stuff. Also a bit lengthy.

I particularly like the drum breaks part at 3:30

Yes, mee too. Ever since i heard that on Voodoo & Seranos "Slide to the Vibe" i wanted to do something similar. Glad you like it too :)
I'm not a huge fan of tracks longer than 6 mins, especially if they loop on and on, I like good song progression etc, but I was engaged for the full 7:25
If this is not the greatest compliment someone has given me on any of my tracks... you made my day, man! :D

Have a nice day everyone and happy producing!

Phoken

• Information