Feedback on Trap Beat Snippet

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Mimir

22 Jul 2018

I'm on some weird dreamy shit with this one.

Used Grain sample manipulator, Subtractor and Kong.

Tell me what you like about it, tell me what you hate (levels, overall feel, melody)

Link me to your beats if you want some feedback (:
Peep my soundcloud (Trap/Hip-Hop beats)

https://soundcloud.com/bearwithme-1/dreamy-demo

MindTheft

22 Jul 2018

It's got nice potential!

What struck me first about it was that it sounded deep and clean. I don't know much about the Trap genre, but I guess it has that 'cheap percussion' sound? From what Trap I've heard, it sounds like you're on the money.

It reminds me of song I love by one of my favourite artists:

Also noticed it was the first thing you'd uploaded to SoundCloud for a while.. back with a new genre?! I like some of the other tracks you've got up on there, but your new one sounds much more professional.

Looking forward to hearing the finished article!

Mimir

23 Jul 2018

MindTheft wrote:
22 Jul 2018
It's got nice potential!

What struck me first about it was that it sounded deep and clean. I don't know much about the Trap genre, but I guess it has that 'cheap percussion' sound? From what Trap I've heard, it sounds like you're on the money.

It reminds me of song I love by one of my favourite artists:

Also noticed it was the first thing you'd uploaded to SoundCloud for a while.. back with a new genre?! I like some of the other tracks you've got up on there, but your new one sounds much more professional.

Looking forward to hearing the finished article!

Thanks mate! This is definitely a new forray for me. Appreciate you taking the time to listen. Hopefully in the neat future I'll be making beats that stand up to the pros.
Peep my soundcloud (Trap/Hip-Hop beats)

https://soundcloud.com/bearwithme-1/dreamy-demo

jappe

24 Jul 2018

Mimir wrote:
22 Jul 2018
I'm on some weird dreamy shit with this one.

Used Grain sample manipulator, Subtractor and Kong.

Tell me what you like about it, tell me what you hate (levels, overall feel, melody)

Link me to your beats if you want some feedback (:
Hi Mimir!
I listened to this with small Genelec speakers and a sub, and it sounds good; heavy on bass for sure but that comes with the genre I guess.

• Information