(Breakbeat Chill)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
MindTheft

14 Jul 2018

CPU collapsed on this one!

deniscratch

14 Jul 2018

Great

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

MindTheft

15 Jul 2018

Yep.

No replies = try harder next time!

MindTheft

15 Jul 2018

Ps: cheers deniscratch, for loving everything about it 😎

strangers
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2018

That's some very robo-chill stuff. I like it a lot. Your mix is really crisp, too.

What'd you use that brought your PC to its knees?

MindTheft

15 Jul 2018

Thank you, Strangers 🙂

Yeh lots of Robo, ha ha. Gonna try for a much more warm, simple, rounded track next. It was just what came out of me right now, and I believe you’ve just got to go with what comes out of you, for authenticity’s sake.

A lot of Europa and a few Serum presets with Propeller players slapped on quickly had me getting error messages.

Looking into workarounds.

Cheers for the listen x

MindTheft

15 Jul 2018

Ps: Tbh, on listening away from Reason, I think the drums are too much - what do you think?

aeox
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2018

I think it sounds pretty good overall. Maybe some of those high frequencies are a bit piercing if anything. (like you said, i'd try to aim for a more "rounded" sound. )

Drums too much?Not sure. I mean , you could give the listener a break by changing the arrangement. It sort of rides out on those drums for 3 minutes straight, which is why you may be getting tired of them?

MindTheft

16 Jul 2018

Thanks Aeox.

I’ll play with master EQ to smooth the high end a bit.

I think the worst offender is the first synth in the intro sitting in the pads, it’s a combinator I made, and I just couldn’t get rid of the frequencies I don’t like without getting rid of the ones I do. I also wanted to smooth the overall attack of the combi, but didn’t end up finding a pleasing method.

In a way, I think the drums build tension that leads to a release at the end of the song that fits the theme of the title, but giving the listener a break could be nice, I just worry that to do so, I would end up writing a 10 min track that gets switched off before the end, I guess I could work on my composition skills to make more space for different sections though.

The ‘too-muchness’ I was thinking of on the drums is that they are too busy and hectic, but if viewed as a rock track, maybe it works? But then would this track ever sit well in a rock music set? Prob not!!

Cheers for the listen.

MindTheft

16 Jul 2018

Thank you 😊

Mimir

22 Jul 2018

Honestly love all the synths and ambient sounds in this. Only thing i would change is the snare. But thats just a small nit picky thing. Your levels are balanced nicely and the master is warm but still dynamically punchy.

Keep it up!
Peep my soundcloud (Trap/Hip-Hop beats)

https://soundcloud.com/bearwithme-1/dreamy-demo

MindTheft

22 Jul 2018

Thanks mate!

You may have read above that I had my concerns about the drums, more from a rhythm perspective, I thought they were a bit erratic, but I've isolated those concerns down to a few fills here and there. The snare does stand out from the mix... I think I wanted it to, in hope of adding a little aggression to an otherwise fairly gentle tune!!

The snare would probably fit better in a rock track than an electronic one, it's fair to say.

Cheers for the synth comments, and for the listen! :)

• Information