(Music Video) Truble on Jujment Day

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
modecca

10 Jul 2018

🔗💥

Auryn

10 Jul 2018

You pee in that...? Seems like you're running a big risk of hard clipping your solo flute.

Music-wise this was pretty engaging, the heavily shuffled rhythm especially. The mix also sounds pretty nice and transparent, so I guess those new monitors are paying off.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

rcbuse
RE Developer

10 Jul 2018

Entertaining as always.

Noplan
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2018

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

modecca

11 Jul 2018

Auryn wrote:
10 Jul 2018
You pee in that...? Seems like you're running a big risk of hard clipping your solo flute.
Yep that is the risk I take, pissing on product placement.

Noplan wrote:
10 Jul 2018
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
rcbuse wrote:
10 Jul 2018
Entertaining as always.
Thanks guys for taking the time to watch. It's mid 2018 and there are millions of entertainers out there begging for our attention (a era of a bunch of mini-Elvis's).
Oh and I got some use out of the DYN-4 Dynamic Processor for my percussion.
Next song I plan to use a heavy dose of the insanely interesting Torsion.
🔗💥

aeox
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2018

I really like those drums! Nice and punchy(like a soft kind of punchy) with good headroom. Nice stuff!

jimmyklane

11 Jul 2018

That was odd and I couldn’t help but watch. Interesting use of the T2 footage, great work breaking the fourth wall while talking to yourself! I’ll keep an eye out for these in the future.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

rcbuse
RE Developer

11 Jul 2018

modecca wrote:
11 Jul 2018
Excellent, looking forward to the results. I hope for some Psychomer level stuff.

JoeMusik

12 Jul 2018

the humor kinda reminds me of Sam Hyde

modecca

12 Jul 2018

JoeMusik wrote:
12 Jul 2018
the humor kinda reminds me of Sam Hyde
Can you imagine quitting your job and getting paid top dollar to be a goofball on YT?
One advantage to not having that lifestyle, is I would have been even dumber than I already am, if I never had to adapt to the demands of a day job.

rcbuse wrote:
11 Jul 2018
modecca wrote:
11 Jul 2018
Excellent, looking forward to the results. I hope for some Psychomer level stuff.
EssentiallyTorsion has the capabilities of Psychomer combinator in Re format:
Switching to different waves in a rhythmic fashion ( some of the 6 slots can be empty to achieve this) while also being able to change the position of the wav at the same time. So it's just a matter of inserting those synthetic vocal sounds inside and the over-sized predatory insect monsters will come. I really love being able to get that tight grinding small particle size sound in Torsion.
I have been using Torsion for layered keyboard playing and even though there is no envelope I can still get release when I need it.

jimmyklane wrote:
11 Jul 2018
That was odd and I couldn’t help but watch. Interesting use of the T2 footage, great work breaking the fourth wall while talking to
yourself! I’ll keep an eye out for these in the future.
I noticed with this project when it was all said and done, that even though it passes the 'WTF car crash on the free way test' so to speak, I want to move more in the
direction of a less looping more organic musical feel (yet still very 'synthesizery').
Initially I started with just playing with old YT rant vids I made back in the day and then the central line 'trouble in judgement day' emerged and then I had no choice but to include my favorite footage from a film from my favorite era in terms of music and movies.

aeox wrote:
11 Jul 2018
I really like those drums! Nice and punchy(like a soft kind of punchy) with good headroom. Nice stuff!
I am certain that I still have a lot of improvement to do in regards to drum sounds and rhythms.
Too common for me to end up with stiff sounding drums.
🔗💥

• Information