(Rock) Fields Of Pain

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Dante

04 Jul 2018

Made in Reason 10. Dr Octorex for Drums, Legend, A-List Rock Guitarist, Radical Piano, Megasaur and live guitar / vocals. Could be retro synth wave.

Bloma

05 Jul 2018

Nice guitar tone and style. Pretty good vocal too! Love the backing vocals. I'd work on the drums though, they sound really dry and generic. Like process them so they sound more atmospheric.

SidneyStevens

10 Jul 2018

I really liked the music. Thanks for sharing it here.

Dante

10 Jul 2018

Bloma wrote:
05 Jul 2018
Nice guitar tone and style. Pretty good vocal too! Love the backing vocals. I'd work on the drums though, they sound really dry and generic. Like process them so they sound more atmospheric.
Thanks SidneyStevens & Bloma. @Bloma, the drums are a standard OctoRex loop so its a stereo signal. There is a trick with Octorex drum loops where you can direct each slice to a different output, thereby being able to process the kick, snare and hats separately. That might be a way to say add reverb to the snare only. But I do kind of like the dry sound, so have used it on a number of tracks as a change from say A-List Rock drummer which I tend to overuse.

Bloma

10 Jul 2018

You could have some send FX with a high pass filter, like reverbs and things, and send the drums there, see how that sounds.

• Information