(Electronic) Ice Cave - Expanse Refill Demo

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
strangers
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2018

Hey guys

I'm proud to present a new song I wrote while test driving an awesome new Expanse refill by Quixotic Sound Design called eXpandemonium (soon to be released). Quixotic Sound Design did an awesome job of really packing this refill with some of the most powerful and inspiring sounds possible. Check out the details here:

https://www.quixoticsounddesign.com/expandemonium/

Here's the song. Enjoy your experience through the Ice Cave.

Big thanks to Quixotic Sound Design for letting me trial his amazing new refill. Again, best of luck with your future release! I may have another song or two to share very soon. There were so many sounds that sparked several ideas.

Auryn

04 Jul 2018

Thanks for creating this awesomely chill track! We're currently in the middle of a heat wave here in Holland so the theme couldn't be more welcome ;-) Love the way you implemented the patches (i'm still trying to figure which ones you used!) and the variety in the arrangement. I'm certainly curious what else you've got in the pipeline.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

strangers
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2018

Auryn wrote:
04 Jul 2018
Thanks for creating this awesomely chill track! We're currently in the middle of a heat wave here in Holland so the theme couldn't be more welcome ;-) Love the way you implemented the patches (i'm still trying to figure which ones you used!) and the variety in the arrangement. I'm certainly curious what else you've got in the pipeline.
Thanks for the kind words! There's also a heatwave over this way that I'm hoping ends very soon. The song gives a few minutes to escape to somewhere cold and adventurous.

I used a decent amount of patches in this song:

- Saw the Future
- Metazoan Pad
- Duplex
- Mellow Yellow (had to make the track color yellow for obvious reasons)
- Hypnopad
- Koustik Pluck (I really like this patch. Nearly made another song entirely out of this one.)
- Creaky Solo II
- Trombone Pad
- Gauss
- Horn Like

I didn't realize I used that many pads until listing these, but then again I did a lot of layering. I'm sure you'll be able to spot each one now that you know which patches were used. There's also plenty of automation going on with each patch.

I highly recommend everyone to check out this refill once it's released. The quality is top notch.

modecca

09 Jul 2018

I have not worked with Expanse that much (CPU heavy), but the quality of the sounds in this song, certainly do a good job selling the RE/Refill.
🔗💥

strangers
Competition Winner

09 Jul 2018

modecca wrote:
09 Jul 2018
I have not worked with Expanse that much (CPU heavy), but the quality of the sounds in this song, certainly do a good job selling the RE/Refill.
Quixotic Sound was a step ahead of the game on this one. The refill consists of 2 sets of patches: 1 full quality and 1 low CPU. I believe they're the same patches with the low CPU set having some sort of wizardry done to be less CPU intensive. It gives plenty of room to mess with tons of sounds and then later on switch to the full quality counterpart.

The low CPU patches are still quality for sure. I'm pretty sure I forgot to switch folders for some of the pads before I started bouncing my midi to audio. The Reason world would have never known until now :lol:

Auryn

10 Jul 2018

strangers wrote:
09 Jul 2018
Quixotic Sound was a step ahead of the game on this one. The refill consists of 2 sets of patches: 1 full quality and 1 low CPU. I believe they're the same patches with the low CPU set having some sort of wizardry done to be less CPU intensive. It gives plenty of room to mess with tons of sounds and then later on switch to the full quality counterpart.

The low CPU patches are still quality for sure. I'm pretty sure I forgot to switch folders for some of the pads before I started bouncing my midi to audio. The Reason world would have never known until now :lol:
The Low CPU directory actually consists of me recreating the patch sounds with my voice. It was quite challenging to get right. ;)

On a more serious note, I've found that polyphony is the biggest CPU roaster in Expanse. I was actually able to run quite a lot of instances with the demo track I did, provided that the sounds were monophonic.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

• Information