(weird pop) Trickle Away

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Bloma

03 Jul 2018

Been sitting on some tracks for a while, and I still like this one, despite it's flaws. Drums are TR-8 layered with redrum rock drum kit 5. That pad is a thor preset, and a bunch of minilogue ambient patches going on. I want to do more like this again like i used to, like a 90s boy band kind of thing made weird. Faith No More have touched upon that at times. Let me know how the mix sounds to you, I'm mixing on headphones and living out in rural Tasmania eating mushies and splitting wood and shit.

modecca

04 Jul 2018

Bloma wrote:
03 Jul 2018

Been sitting on some tracks for a while, and I still like this one, despite it's flaws. Drums are TR-8 layered with redrum rock drum kit 5. That pad is a thor preset, and a bunch of minilogue ambient patches going on. I want to do more like this again like i used to, like a 90s boy band kind of thing made weird. Faith No More have touched upon that at times. Let me know how the mix sounds to you, I'm mixing on headphones and living out in rural Tasmania eating mushies and splitting wood and shit.
Kinda weird when I first heard the call and response vocal part, I was thinking it would be interesting to hear that 90's black hip hop singer, Lisa Nicole Lopes (TLC era) do the response part.

In regards to your vocals the section 3:03 to 3:40 is bliss.
On a planet where I perceive many singers as generic, this is not the case with your voice and I sincerly feel it is something special and very necessary to the world of music.
That said, remove that gross Australian butt on you sound cloud and post your wife's last painting or something.
🔗💥

Bloma

05 Jul 2018

Thanks so much Modecca, that really means a lot to me.

Yeah maybe it's time I changed that pic, you're not the first who've vocalised their disdain with it. Which was the point, obviously.

jappe

07 Oct 2018

This is a beautiful piece of sound art.
I agree with Modecca about the vocals, bliss. Very Faith No More.
The finale/outro is also perfect.
I listened to this on a Sony Xperia, big sounding even here.

• Information