(Live session) Wrong Step PL

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
modecca

27 Jun 2018

🔗💥

Auryn

27 Jun 2018

Really enjoyed this track. Dark pounding kicks are mr Lansford's trademark and the other instrumentation is also interesting. Last minute or so I found my attention waning, IMHO the track could have done with another element or part where it switches gears.

There's an odd contrast between the dark warehouse techno vibe of the track and the brightly lit video, although modecca's dance moves easily make up for it
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

modecca

28 Jun 2018

Auryn wrote:
27 Jun 2018
Really enjoyed this track. Dark pounding kicks are mr Lansford's trademark and the other instrumentation is also interesting. Last minute or so I found my attention waning, IMHO the track could have done with another element or part where it switches gears.

There's an odd contrast between the dark warehouse techno vibe of the track and the brightly lit video, although modecca's dance moves easily make up for it
I always get a kick when Lansford take the time to make a video incorporating some of my insanity.
I like the combination of chaos and order.
It works well because he can focus on the music and let me assume my usual cringe duties.
With this one he gave us some 3 on the floor kicks which is a most welcome change of pace.
As for the ability to keep things interesting factor, I respect his pace even though it is different than mine.
He made an entire album that was a collection of short concise tracks and has since returned to the steady pace that he gravitates towards, where things don't have to keep people with low attention spans entertained.
I know there are plenty of songs for example, that I have enjoyed for years, that put me in a ' dark forrest mode' so to speak as contrasted to a 'circus fun house.'
I am ok with the brightly lit room in this case, as it is a departure from our tendency to apply dark filters.
This one exposing the lunacy, emphasizing the the outtake (wrong step) where I really screwed my ankle up, when I fell due to overcommitting on that river dancing.
🔗💥

strangers
Competition Winner

04 Jul 2018

I like the overall eerie vibe on this one. I'm glad we were able to see which step was the wrong step. I'm now prepared to leave the house.

• Information